Can't complete the game

#1 Posted by VengfulPlatypus (391 posts) -

I beat the last mission, but it shows me a defeat screen, and I don't get the achievement and it ends just like that. I lost 5 countries, but I doubt that's it because I know people who have lost more and still won. Is this some kind of scripting bug? Any fixes? I'm just absoloutely deflated by this. It's enough to make me not even want to play it anymore. Also, I've tried different saves andplayed them up into and beat the last mission.

#2 Posted by F1tsy (21 posts) -

A defeat screen? It said you lost? Ok, well you should see:

Major SPOILER BELOW

:

You should see the endgame video where your PSI soldier raises the alien mothership to outer space so it explodes there, saving the earth and becoming a hero. Then it takes you to a comparison screen where you can compare your game stats with the rest of the world average stats. No, five nations pulling out of X-com isn´t a reason for the game to end. Eight or above i´ve read is where you lose.

I was a little confused myself about my game ending since i believe i hadn´t killed all aliens but maybe i did. Just replay your game from any save within the alien mothership and kill off the last alien mindcontrolling enemies and you should be able to beat it.

#3 Posted by ninjakreborn (37 posts) -
This "Defeat Screen" your talking about is a known bug. I saw recently in gamer news, that they are releasing a patch for this pretty soon. "Some players are receiving the defeat screen even though they beat the game". There is no way around this that I know of, besides waiting for the upcoming patch. It's not affecting "all" players, just certain ones who fall within certain conditions.
#4 Posted by Fear- (525 posts) -
I feel your pain man, I have the SAME bug, 3 or 4 nations have left the X-Com yet I still get the bad ending. So annoying I'll have to wait until the patch to finish the game. I may try some MP in the meantime.