A RTS for breaking the mould

User Rating: 8 | World in Conflict (Collector's Edition) PC
I want to be a bridge here, there are those who adore this game and those who are disappointed and blame Gamespot partially.

This is a game for people who like to play strategy AND who like a game of Gears of War with their mates. People like me. Strategists be warned this is not an economy game! If economic empires are your thing then this is not the game for you.

However, as much as I adore Red Alert 2 I am somewhat tired of building a base, holding the fort and just waiting until I win. This game breaks that mould as you are forced to go out there with skirmish sized forces.

My friend bought the game and gave me the 10 day trial disk which is mulitplayer only, having played Halo 3 online I can tell you it is a similar experience. Short games of action, some you are "ownage", some you are owned.

I am disappointed to learn there is not a skirmish mode (im told, buying the full game soon) and repetive losses online can lead to a dull evening.
But if you want to play an RTS verison of COD 4 and learn how to use tactical forces with mastery, then I'd reccomend the game.