Wik & the Fable of Souls is a static platformer starring Wik, a bug-eyed creature with an extraordinarily dexterous tongue. Whether you're playing story or challenge mode, you progress through a series of screens that are filled with coins, gems, enemies, and little green grubs. You have to collect grubs with your tongue and spit them at your pack animal, Slotham, who slowly moves from left to right at the bottom of the screen. If Slotham reaches the end of the screen before you collect the required number of grubs, you lose. Luckily you can slow Slotham down by spitting puddles of honey in his path. To collect grubs, you'll have to jump, swing from your tongue, and fend off enemies that try to carry the grubs away. As if that weren't enough, some enemies can actually kill Wik, so there's the matter of self-preservation to keep in mind as well. With its charming presentation and challenging gameplay, Wik is an enchanting little game that's definitely worth checking out.
- The Good
- Detailed, fairy-tale graphics
- Challenging platform puzzles
- More than 120 levels
- Excellent soundtrack
- Two modes of play keep you coming back for more
- The Bad
- Controls take some getting used to
- About GameSpot's Reviews
Wik & the Fable of Souls
- Check out the Wik & the Fable of Souls Wiki on Giantbomb.com
- Wik and the Fable of Souls is an action game that lets you swing around with your long frog-like tongue.
- ESRB: E
- All Platforms
- Content is generally suitable for all ages. May contain minimal cartoon, fantasy or mild violence and/or infrequent use of mild language.
Please Sign In to rate Wik & the Fable of Souls