While I liked World in Conflict

#1 Posted by Iffy350 (8345 posts) -

I wasn't a huge fan of the lack or realism in the ground units. A 152mm HEAT shell from a Sheridan tank can destroy pretty much any tank out there. One time I had a near miss on a PT-76 light tank in steel panthers MBT and the PT-76 blew up anyways. Tank battles are usually decided by who gets the first shot. There shouldn't be a preset number of hits to kill a tank, its one hit one kill.

Is this game a realistic strategy game or is this more unrealistic like WIC or Command and Conquer?

#2 Posted by darkziosj (166 posts) -
That would be the most boring game ever spam Sheridans woop woop automatic win! i hope this isn't that realistic at all.
#3 Posted by Iffy350 (8345 posts) -

That would be the most boring game ever spam Sheridans woop woop automatic win! i hope this isn't that realistic at all.darkziosj

Boring to you maybe. Also sheridans arn't that great anyways. They are light tanks and have little to no armored protection. Also, they cannot fire quickly or accurately. It takes a while to reacquire their target and they tend to flip over if they shoot their gun while on a slope. World in Conflict was boring, controlling two platoons of tanks is boring. I am talking about large scale battles of up to a division of tanks at a time.

#4 Posted by huangzhihao (289 posts) -
I'm a huge realism fan and have played a lot of simulator games. So, to me, this game is no where close to being realistic; however, if you compare this to WIC, it IS more real and tactical. Although still a bit arcady, WAB is slower paced, has bigger maps, and does require you to plan out your moves( Recon is cruicial )
#5 Posted by SipahSalar (94 posts) -

And what about the game do you find "nowhere close to being realistic"? And which games are more realistic compared to WAB? I'd like to know.

#6 Posted by huangzhihao (289 posts) -

And what about the game do you find "nowhere close to being realistic"? And which games are more realistic compared to WAB? I'd like to know.

SipahSalar

You obviously haven't played games such as Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943, "threatre of war" series... any Simulator fan knows WAB isn't a simulator game, and it's realism level is very limited. Ultra realistic games like IL-2 sturmovik 1946, silent hunter 4... aren't easy to play. WAB is fun for people don't want extreme realism.

#7 Posted by Iffy350 (8345 posts) -

[QUOTE="SipahSalar"]

huangzhihao

Ultra realistic games like IL-2 sturmovik 1946, silent hunter 4... aren't easy to play. WAB is fun for people don't want extreme realism.

Speak for yourself. I find Il-2 to be an easy game. I picked it up and learned how to play it in an afternoon.

#8 Posted by huangzhihao (289 posts) -

[QUOTE="huangzhihao"]

[QUOTE="SipahSalar"]

Iffy350

Ultra realistic games like IL-2 sturmovik 1946, silent hunter 4... aren't easy to play. WAB is fun for people don't want extreme realism.

Speak for yourself. I find Il-2 to be an easy game. I picked it up and learned how to play it in an afternoon.

Sure, under 100% realism? your average score every mission? ever tried online against Human players? Anyways, boasting about your intelligence or skill doesn't make youur argument any more...convincing. Actually, it's the other way around. Wait, I shouldn't even be posting, you are probably trolling around with your own post.

#10 Posted by Iffy350 (8345 posts) -

I'll just keep playing Steel Panthers MBT and DCS. I'll leave this game the hell alone. Doesn't look that great anyways. Not enough weapons and too few countries to choose from. WINSPMBT is like an encyclopedia of modern military weapons. MBT covers the years 1946-2020 and has over 250 historical scenarios to play through as well as a quick battle and battle editor. It also has 92 countries to choose from.

#11 Posted by Iffy350 (8345 posts) -

[QUOTE="Iffy350"]

[QUOTE="huangzhihao"]

[QUOTE="SipahSalar"]

huangzhihao

Sure, under 100% realism? your average score every mission? ever tried online against Human players? Anyways, boasting about your intelligence or skill doesn't make your argument any more...convincing. Actually, it's the other way around. Wait, I shouldn't even be posting, you are probably trolling around with your own post.

So, in order to master the P-40 I need fly it in il-2 with the realism turned all the way up and against human opponents. You are so god damn smart. By that logic we should see who has the highest score as commander in ARMA 3 because they are the next george scott patton. You are so damn brilliant. You deserve a medal my friend.