I received my beta key yesterday. It was weird because back when I subscribed there was a rule that if you get 5 people to subscribe using your code you would get a beta key, I actually was one of the 5 guys and i did not give my code to anyone... so I guess there is not a lot of interest in this game or I am just very lucky to be selected.
My opinion on the game so far is not great but i will make a list of things i like and things i dont like.
Things I like: 1. It is not fantasy - i think the market is oversaturated by all kinds of fantasy games it is a nice change.
2. The characters look very good, it is beta but i like where it is going.
3. There are very many skills you can learn, so you can basically create your own class.
Things I do not like: 1. The way you control your character, everything seems very crude. There are no different speeds for different types of armor (i'd expect a light armoured character to dance around a heavy plated one), combat seems very unrealistic (it is almost like a knife fight in Counter-Strike).
2. Except the color of the name it is impossible to tell foe from ally.
3. You can not hide in bushes - your name glows above you - you can not hide behind objects either so being an archer is a lot less fun as it could and should be.
4. Range weapons are fun but almost useless. The bow is somewhat better than the crossbow. Loading a crossbow takes forever so unless you have 100% success rate using one is not indicated. To avoid being run down in a second you must keep some distance, but it is very hard to hit a target from great distance. Imagine a FPS where you could only shoot one bullet every few seconds... how fun would that be? (Oh... one arrow is not enough to kill.)
I think this game should have been more like an RPG - aiming and the impact of your attacks should depend on your stats more than on your ability to aim or time a good hit. What they are trying to do works only for a FPS in which you have sniper riffles or a fire rate higher than 1 bullet for every 3 seconds. They could at least come up with an auto focus system so battles become more engaging.