The Waiting Game - Best Games for Christmas
Christmas is a great time of year, but choosing the right game to keep everyone happy can be tricky. Johnny wades in to see if he can help.
Did you enjoy this video?Sign In to Upvote
How dare you call Monopoly rubbish?! The game requires patience, steady concentration on where everyone is landing, and victory is always satisfying. It teaches children to develop negotiating skills, including before the game even starts when you fight over who gets to be the race car.
The tale about your dad... LOL. Was there an awkward moment thereafter where your mum heaved a sigh of disapproval? ;)
except for assassins creed and the board game, I have all the games you mentioned. I ended up playing 3 hours drinking a moderate amount of alcohol while playing tennis, then yelling at my screen while playing Raiden Legends on Christmas day. A good day was have by all.
I can't be more agree with Johnny wades , but , as always there is a but , "Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons" - "The Wolf Among Us" - Bio shock dlc' " burial at sea" are my recommendation too
Surprise !!!!!!!!!!!! Princess Peach is actually a playable character , you need to rescue a fairy here................. which Bowser traps in a bottle.
Its okay when Link does it but when its Bowser ................. NOOOOO! Get HIM !
Rayman Legends is AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now honestly: why would I give a shit about the queen's speech? Does it take over your TV controls preventing you from switching the TV input??
Those musical levels of Rayman Legends are genius.
Goddamn it Johnny, Gamespot said it themselves that 3D World is the best Next Gen Game to get, especially for the Holidays, the least you could do is know that Peach isnt the one that needs help.
Is it more have there been more audio glitches in the GS videos lately. The first two weeks of the Gist had a skip at the beginning and then in this video, Johnny repeats about 5 seconds of dialog.
*shrug* not a huge issue. It's just a nails on chalkboard kind of thing.
Kudos for mentioning the board games; too bad it's only one, If you would like to try some cool modern board games please check:
- 7 Wonders - strategic/building card game, for 3-7 players; great fun in the ancient world,
- Small World - simple strategy for 2-5 players; your goal is to make the highest score by conquering colorful and crazy fantasy world. Races with random abilities make this games really special. e.g. you can choose Dwarfs, but they can have Flying token. There are 14 races and 20 abilities, which gives you a lot of replayability, Games is especially fun with 4 or 5 players.
- Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island - adventure co-op game for 1-4 players. You are castaway on deserted island and have to survive. Secondary objective depends on scenario e.g. in the easiest one you must make a big pile of wood and set it on fire - then nearby ships will rescue you and your friends. In this game you can explore the island, fish, gather wood, hunt for wild animals, build a shelter, palisade and dam, make simple weapons and special items like shovel, snare, rope, bricks, hatchet, basket, sack etc. You can find treasures and helpful objects. Every player picks one character (explorer, cook, carpenter and soldier) with unique abilities. There are also 5 other scenarios, very different ones, where you have to deal with cannibals, rescue Jenny, escape before eruption of volcano or start a family. This game has an enormous replayability and expansion pack (in English) about Darwin's voyage will be released next year. IMO one of the best co-ops ever, but beware: this game is tough, be prepared.
- Flash Point: Fire Rescue - strategic co-op game for 1-6 players, similar to Pandemic, but much less abstract - you have to rescue people from endangered building. There are firemen with special abilities, explosive materials, and nice mechanics of explosions and shock waves. Two layouts of the building, few expansions available,
- Jungle Speed - party game for 3-10 players.
Unless something drastically changes in the last part of the game, I am fairly certain that Princess Peach isn't in trouble in Super Mario 3D World. In fact, you can play as Princess Peach from the very beginning of the game.
i was totally eating a giant bowl of gravy.... i eat at least 4......5.... NO!!! 10 bowls of gravy a day. as we all know, i have been known to be fooled by cleverly disguised bowls of mud as gravy...... but no longer am i a slave to the illusion of fake gravy.
the mud wouldnt be so bad, except it attracts an immaculate ammount of unruly dirt dobbing wasps.
but i have now seen the error of my ways, and am sticking to a reliable source of pure, brown, country style gravy.
I was totally going to suggest a Christmas edition of TWG. One I have thought about is Batman: Arkham Origins. Takes place on Christmas Eve and everyone knows Batman and his villains. No death and destruction, so my brothers kids are safe.
I might add NES Remix on top of that. A mash up of old-school games with little twist so the arcades players still feels at home
@breathnac Pandemic is a well known co-op game. Um, if you're into board games obviously. Most people thinks that the best board games are Monopoly, Risk or Scrabble. Seriously there are much better titles. Lots of them actually.
@hotdiddykong I don't think he does much gaming, but then again many people from Gamespot probably play games a lot less than we think.
@Teufelhund84 ... I'm not sure of the plot but that was my first reaction and then I realized that just because she "needs help" doesn't mean that she "needs rescuing". It is her Kingdom after all.
@JeyNyceIts a jumper!