I have only played the Halo games a few times at my friend's place but from what I remember, when you had a killstreak, the only reward you got was extra points and some medals. Not perks to give you an advantage over the enemy. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Did anyone else hear the announcement of "Teammate Joined" at 3:29? Do we have joinable games now a la CoD? This could significantly decrease waiting times for matchmaking. Would love to hear some clarification on this.
I'm so excited about this game. Honestly, the only thing that I really, really don't like is the weapon skins. That's the only thing that is annoying me so far.
@BobRob12 yes mid game joining is in halo 4, in order to replace team quitters. i however see a fault with this as 95% of quitters quit a game because they are being completely decimated in a game and have no way of winning, thus 95% of the time you'll be joining games that you have no hope of winning or as this video demonstrated, you'll join a game with only about 60 seconds left in it, which i find to be totally annoying. the other 5% are players at the beginning of a game who didn't get the gametype they voted for. players who care about their win/loss ratio cant do anything about it because there's no way to turn it off. thankfully I'm not one of them. but never the less it will get really annoying joining games near the end that i cant win.
Just how does weapon skins annoy you? I mean its doesn't change gameplay or give you an advantage or disadvantage. It's just an added option to give your Spartan more personality and uniqueness in terms of being different from everyone else. They already had it where you can customize your Spartan and now they are placing the bar a little bit higher in terms of customization. Besides, weapon skins doesn't make Halo not Halo anymore if you know what I mean. Also its a feature that they don't force you to use. So if you don't like it, then don't use it and keep your guns skin at default.
@mateyman True dat. Weapon skins are too much like CoD.
@jrabbit99 well CoD took the console FPS control scheme from Halo... games are built on evolution not revolution! As long as the ideas being used are good ones, whats the problem?
@Tigers_Claws look man, I already said I was excited for the game. I understand why they added it, and I probably will use it in the end. All I was saying was that it was the only thing annoying me so far. They annoy me because I like the idea of everyone using the same guns. It's not a big deal, it's just how I feel. Go bother someone else.
@Daishi3011 I have no problem with building on other games. I just liked Halo for what it was. I enjoyed starting out with the same weapons as everyone else. Halo had this amazing thing going for them, and I don't think it is time admit defeat and move gameplay toward CoD
Its all good man :)
@Tigers_Claws My bad, I thought you were some fanboy telling me off. Misread the nature of the comment. Sorry :)
@mateymanJust to let you know man, I wasn't trolling you in anyway. Well I hope you don't think I was. I was just curious why weapon skins annoyed you.
@mav071203 @jrabbit99 @Daishi3011 mav071203 your talking about wanting "REALISM" in a futuristic fps where your fighting aliens....you sound like a COD player, "its better because it's realistic." halo has always been better than COD because of its equality game style. i don't get why people use the argument of halo 4 being better than cod because it uses the same style that halos been using to best cod, when Halo 4 is using a completely different set up, no longer equal. yes it adds more customization to your spartan but that should be kept to the co-op campaign in spartan ops. if you want realism then answer this, in an actual military squad, there is at least one person with a sniper, one with a heavy machine gun, and one with an explosive type weapon, however the rest of the squad use the same gear, so how does halo's Spartans using the same gear branch away from realism? your going off of noble team in reach having there own weapon styles however if you pay attention allot of the time they do use the same weapon. in fact if you want realism and are basing the spartan style aspect from noble team, how realistic is a marine, Emile, using a shotgun in open ranged combat scenarios? who takes a shotgun into a non- close quarters area? im rambling here, but the multiplayer has always been about equality and when you change the entire formula your no longer playing the same game it just looks like it visualy.
@jrabbit99 @Daishi3011 This is in no way "admitting defeat" and Halo has always been better than CoD which I play as well this is huge step forward for halo and the gameplay customization is for personal taste and adds more realism to the game because when have you ever seen a spartan roll with the same weapons and/or attitude they are individuals and unique that is why I love the more customized options