Jess McDonell does a fantastic job "The Gist." Can't wait to see what she's got in store for us Monday :)
Chris, I award you ten points for a good job with this segment. Unfortunately there's a fifty point deduction for the crime of not being Jess McDonnell. Please enjoy some Sunny Delight as our parting gift to you.
I much prefer you Chris over Jess (no offense Jess), you should be running GS News more often, awesome job as always man!
Well about the news:
1) I just ordered a PS4 - it is on the way: while it seems its hardware is somewhat better than XB1 - I am concerned about the dated Wi-Fi. I can't believe even the Wii U has better and more advanced Wi-Fi than PS4. Since my PS4 will sit in my living room, away from any cables - it will suck if the connection will falter and stutter. I am from Israel so its even a bigger concern playing online with EU or US players...
What do you think guys? is this a big issue?
PS4 Wi-Fi is an antique: Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
While XB1 is: Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 & 5Ghz) - YES 5Ghz.
2) Greenlight is a proof Steam cares about the industry of gaming, cares about the customers, cares about gamers, and new fresh developers. I just hope that EVOLVING is their real intention. And that they will feature something better.
3) Can someone please explain what's the deal with Quantom Break "Live Action"?? is this a stand alone online video? or something that comes with the game? and what's the deal with 2 hours? is the game that short? I don't get it.
Anyway - I LOVE cutscenes. I really do. The ability to affect and control cutscense is even better!
4) Egojima should focus less about praising himself, and more about bringing back Hayter whom he didn't even bother to give a phone call yet.
5) The controller is terrifying lol.
Chris nailed it for that Titanfall Xbox One controller. It looks....kind of cool?
I guess I...kind of want it?
That controller looks hideous! Wait when your date sees it next to your TV, explain that! Yeah, to be honest, gaming should not need to be explained, it's form of entertainment where as movie, TV or even book.
I think the controller looks pretty sweet. If I had an Xbox One I would probably be cursing myself for not waiting to buy the second controller for multiplayer.
Microsoft says it's about the software, not the hardware.
Sony announced Playstation Now.
Your move, Microsoft. Seriously, I want to see your move.
I hope Valve doesn't get too greedy and trade integrity for a new system that's designed to just get more stuff (especially more early access) approved.
I love Steam Greenlight, but I have to say that I am excited for what they have next. It's what you might call, a bittersweet moment.
@nayce54 How'd you know my planned career path??
@M_Fresh dont u know atrophied limbs are the hot bod craze, bro???/??
@youre_a_sheep All I saw was ten point I'LL TAKE IT
@greasemonkey42 I feel really ....kind of? ....about that controller.
@snaketus I'd say it is an Xbox controller. For my Xbox. It isn't like it is a series of mint condition figurines or a box of pokemon cards or something.
Try explaining why you have a Lara Croft toy on your desk, that is hard, but a controller is a controller.
@amdreallyfast Microsoft could simply reduce the price on their marketplace and I'd go out and buy an Xbox One so fast I'd probably get arrested for speeding......on foot.
Playstation Now is ok, for playing some older games, but there is no indication of the quality yet. If OnLive is anything to go by it will be a low res, blocky, low quality piece of shit. I don't care how much I love Spyro, I'd rather buy another PS1 and the game than stream a janky copy online.
@amdreallyfast Give yourself a high five for that one.
@mr_enlightened Im not an American but i totally understand Jess. Dude you might need to wax your ears:)
@mr_enlightened You poor miserable person, you must hate yourself.
@tommyd79 Chris did an excellent job with GS News and I really liked his Steam Early Access videos.
@SIDEFX1 I think Watters is better. He is a lot clearer and speaks to the point.