All About xsubtownerx
Thanks to Kickstarter and the many dedicated fans, old school developers are once again able to create the games that we the gamers want, and that they the developers want. For me it's the resurrection of my favorite genre, the CRPG. In the coming months and years, old school PC gamers (like myself) are in for a treat with the line up of CRPGs that kickstarter has resurrected for us. Here are a few that I'm really looking forward to:
1. Project Eternity: This is the one I'm looking forward to the most. Un-chained Obsidian will be able to recreate a game formula that was so essential to PC gaming back in the 90's. There's not a whole lot of info on this title yet, but they've assured the fans that it will play like the classic games such as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc...
2. Wateland 2: A close second to Project Eternity as far as what I'm most excited about. The original Fallout games have always and will always be my favorites. They were created and molded based on a game from the late 80's called: Wasteland. I never actually played the original game, but Wasteland 2 is shaping up quite nicely based on what I've read and seen. Many Fallout fans like myself were hopping for Fallout 3 to be more like the original games, but we ended up with something completely different. No disrespect to the new direction the franchise took, but this is what I've been waiting for for decades. Lucky for me and many others, the game is due later this year.
3. Divinity: Original Sin: Another game I'm excited about. Classic isometric view with tactical combat. Heavy on the "role playing" and other classic ingredients. I could talk about this game for a while but I'll let Kevin VanOrd do it for me with his great article about the game.
4. Torment: Tides of Numenera: Not much news on this one yet. But anyone who's played the original Torment knows that this will most likely be a gem. Definitely keep an eye out for this one.
5. Shadowrun Returns: Who can forget this classic which first appeared on the SNES back in the 80's. I know I remeber as kid loving this game not only for its claasic RPG style, but also for its wacky world and crazy characters. The great thing about Shadowrun Returns is that it releases later this month.
All I can say is thank you to Kickstarter for allowing devoted fans the chance to help developers create the games we love.
CPU: Intel I5-3570K
GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU II Top
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x 4GB DDR3 1600
MTB: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
CHA: Corsair Graphite Series 600T
PSU: SilverStone SST-ST75F-P 750W Modular
Why is it that the retail version of Fallout New Vegas is 19.99$ but Steam is still selling it for 49.99? If it wasn't for those random Steam sales, Steam would be a pretty big ripoff..
My Recent Reviews
Jun 19, 2013 12:17 am GMTxsubtownerx posted in the topic Shadowrun Returns - Official Release Date on the PC & Mac Games board
Jun 18, 2013 3:12 am GMTxsubtownerx began Following Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Jun 18, 2013 3:11 am GMTxsubtownerx began Following Elveon
Jun 18, 2013 1:05 am GMTxsubtownerx began Following The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Jun 17, 2013 1:27 am GMTxsubtownerx began Following X Rebirth
Jun 17, 2013 1:14 am GMTxsubtownerx began Following Deep Down
Jun 11, 2013 10:49 pm GMTxsubtownerx began Following Mad Max
Jun 11, 2013 10:49 pm GMTxsubtownerx began Following Tom Clancy's The Division
Jun 11, 2013 12:23 pm GMTxsubtownerx began Following Final Fantasy XV
Jun 11, 2013 4:03 am GMTxsubtownerx began Following Destiny