All About mr_toffee
- So when I was here the other day......http://wikitravel.org/en/Bali
......all that was lingering on the remaining bits of my mind that's not digesting the holiday are these songs:
Oh Square Enix, what happened to the good old days when you were experimenting with ethnic styles of music and art?
- So I already know two people in my circle working in the food industry: one sells import beers for mad cheap prices (Good Beer Company), while the other makes kick-ass Western food and is open to my suggestion to include mac & cheese in the restaurant menu. Life is good; for me, anyway.
- I also did something on Anarchy Reigns which should be out next week. Long story short: good beat-em up with great multiplayer options which I sadly have trouble looking for people to play with on the Xbox 360 version. So why did Sega postpone the release of this game in North America again?
- I finally watched the 1000th episode of WWE Raw and I must say: seeing Ron Simmons utter his famous line in his old gang with Lita, Rikishi and a few others warmed the cockles of my heart to an acceptably lukewarm level.
- The more I log on to Diablo III for a few minutes, the more I'm willing to just delete it off my hard drive. It's one thing to make a game difficult and enforcing players to use skill and reflexes to win the day, but to build a game solely reliant on a hub that requires you to invest time on more grinding than humanly possible, along with a real-money shortcut to purchase goods to make you stand a chance? That's just not fun.
The only reason you're playing D3 right now is some sick-as-heck obligation to complete the game's marketed Inferno "difficulty setting". Must be nice trying to sleep at night with these purposely-made decisions eh, Blizzard?
- Conversely, Dragon's Dogma showed me that with some right implementation of old-school, a game's fault can be turned around to be its positive. As much as it irks me that Capcom could have designed a better fast travelling method before the game credits (portcrystals are on sale after the first credits), my pawn and I were always in all sorts of fights both small-scale and ginormous.
It's like the devs were purposely not letting us do the whole Skyrim "laundry list" concept in favor of random battles that feels organic.You really haven't lived until you've had to deal with floating undead zombie-summoning and tornado-shooting wights paired up with a golem whose weak spots are scattered across the fighting spot.
In case you couldn't tell, Dragon's Dogma is on my top twelve of 2012.
- I wonder what that Destructoid intern is doing now right after shooting off his thoughts on Felicia Day before proof-reading what he typed? This is why foresight is important in the realm of Twitter and FB posts, folks.
- Amazing Spider-Man movie? How about 'Amazing Hipster-Man' instead? There's a big difference between Tobey Macguire's socially awkward stance and Andrew Garfield's "I'm too cool to tell you how I feel, so how about I stutter and do nonchalant pauses to act like I'm shy" garbage. At the very least, the Lizard fight at the school was the only highlight.
My Recent Reviews
Some people just don't have opinions. Like mr_toffee.
mr_toffee does not have any recent activity. What a slacker! Maybe you should send mr_toffee a private message and ask, "Where are you hiding?"