All About jrjcobra
Angry fan boys are gonna love me
Ah yes thanks to the whole nextgen craze people are forgetting what makes a game good. Gameplay has to be there if it isn't I don't care if it feels like I could reach out and grab Lara's breasts it's going to suck.
*yawn* Well I think it's safe to say that video games just suck in general now. Lazy developers keep churning out the same crap over and over again. Oh sure we may get a great one every now and then but it is rare.
The worst thing of all is what I call the curse of the fanboy these people basically assure the developers with there gushing praise for such sloppy work that they can keep making average or down right boring games. Look at Star Wars Empire at War a game that basically just copies elements from another game and adds a few stupid features that don't really improve much. Oh now I'm going to get angry Star Wars fan boys with stupid names hinting to Star Wars that I'm an idiot for not liking said lousy title
Star Wars Battlefront 2 more of the same I would say but they actually made it worse with the changed control setup and just awful game play.
Why did I give Starship Troopers a 10? It was a good effort by a budget company. I wasn't expecting it to be some major ground breaking game that was gonna to defy the rules of gaming or anything like that. I knew what it was going to be like and what to expect.
In summary games are taking a down hill slide mostly in the brand name areas so here is some suggestions:
(1) Lucasarts needs to fire Julio Torres the man has no idea what the hell is going on and just makes things worse I still remember the G4tv interview (or soft core porn for the kiddies) where he said the episode 3 game was the last Star Wars game. It may have been a joke but anyone that knows anything about corporate greed knows they are gonna keep churning that garbage out.
(2) SOE needs to get a clue and stop banning people who protested the Combat Upgrade for Star Wars Galaxies (or as I call it Crack unleashed) this was the biggest mistake they could have ever made and is the reason this game is going down hill. Fan boys have infected this one so stay away from it.
(3) Developers when making a sequel game where you claim it's gonna be better than the original it better damn well be better not worse. *throws a rock at Ubisoft and Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood*
(4) Get rid of the E3 show all it is now is a porn fest and honestly are all those sweaty morons in whatever convention center is unfortunate to host it actually apart of the industry? I think not. all it serves as is a platform for developers to lie to the press about what they are doing and stupid morons won't care cause they have a pare of double Ds to look at and drool over.
(5) MMORPGs are getting really dumb developers use this as a training ground to see what they can do to make customers angry at them. Alot of these games would be good if developers did some crazy bizarre concept called listening of course this is good and bad cause some developers will listen to one side and ignore the other instead of finding a balance which is hard cause no matter what you do you are gonna get some one angry at you.
(6) Stop making movie based games it does not work only reason Star Trek and Star Wars games work is cause there is such a huge fan boy base for each that it will sell period. I hate seeing games based off movies that get developer previews claiming to be good and then as we all know sucking.
(7) Hire me for a show that reviews games I'm not afraid to make someone swallow the pacifier they have because I rip a hyped up game to shreds. I play games because I want to have fun if I don't have fun then the game is going down in my view.
and finally if you want to reply do something creative and thought out not like the angry fan boy's who post and send me messages.
My Recent Reviews
jrjcobra does not have any recent activity. What a slacker! Maybe you should send jrjcobra a private message and ask, "Where are you hiding?"