All About bigtimegamer413
Here are my predictions for E3. Some of them could be true, some of them could be false. But one thing is for sure, I would love to see all of them come true. So, let's get started!
- -Microsoft unveils new console model
- -Microsoft adds Blu-Ray to future models
- -Microsoft will not announce an Xbox handheld, but focus on the Zune media player
- -If rumors are true, Avatars are announced
- -New information regarding Peter Jackson's Halo Chronicles
- -Halo Wars demo
- -Announces Halo DS (If Microsoft is allowing Vica Pinata: Packet Paradise to head to the DS, why not Halo?)
- -Gears of War 2 demo
- -Maxis announces a new Sim City
- -More information regarding The Sims 3 and Spore
- -Halo 3 ported over to Windows
- -More Doom 4 information
- -Half-Life 2: Episode 3 footage
- -Half-Life 3 announced
- -New Age of Empires announced
- -Resistance 2 footage / demo
- -Killzone 2 footage / demo
- -God of War III announced
- -New God of War for PSP announced
- -Motorstorm 2 footage / demo
- -PSP hardware redesign
- -PSP 2 announced
- -Final Fantasy XIII footage / demo
- -More PSP, PS1 and PS2 games available on PSN
- -Extension of trophies for PSP
- -Animal Crossing Wii announced
- -A new Zelda game for Wii announced
- -New Pokemon game for DS announced
- -Coloured Wii consoles
- -New Mario games for Wii and DS announced
- -More Wii Balance Board games
Those are my predictions for E3 '08.
Now, this is my list for my most anticipated games at E3. These aren't in any specific order.
- Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Wii, DS, PS2)
- Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360, PS3)
- Fallout 3 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- Halo Wars (Xbox 360)
- Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360)
- God of War III (PS3)
- Mirror's Edge (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
Tell me what you think!
Emblems. We all have them. Some people have lots, some people have very little. Why are they so desirable? Could it be the colour schemes? Could it be the designs? The shapes? Who knows the real reason why so many people want them.
Why am I talking about emblems you ask? Well, it bothers me to see that so many people are abusing the emblem system. These little "trophies" are rewarded to people who either contribute, and/or get envolved with the GameSpot community. However, there are some people on this site that don't care about the well-being of this community, and just contribute, participate in Live Feeds, events, and contests, just to get a few emblems. These users are just emblem hungry. They don't care about having fun, or helping out fellow members. Think of this situation as another GamerScore. I call these users "Emblem Whores".
Let me give you an example: A few days ago, I was looking at a friend's profile. I was scrolling down to where his current entry was. After finishing his blog, I noticed a title of a blog from one of his friend's blog (keeping up with me?). It just said "I Need More Emblems". I was curious about what he mean't. So, I clicked it.
This person's profile had about eight emblems, not including the first one everyone gets. Five of them, he recieved in one days work. In his blog, he went on to say that he needed ways, tricks, or any kind of help in order to gain more emblems. He said that he recieved the Collector's Emblem (the one where you need more than 200+ games in your collection), by just adding 200+ games to his collection at random. Basically, he was cheating the system.
Another example I've seen, happened in the new E3 '08 forum. There was a poll going around asking people whether or not they are going to be tuning in to GameSpot's annual Live Coverage, in order to gain a few emblems. I found it terrible how some people don't watch these feeds for fun anymore.
What is the point to this editorial you might be asking? Well, I'll tell you. I'm sick and tired of those people who want nothing else but more and more emblems. If there is a live feed, a tourney, a contest, or if there is an emblem involved in general, these people just have to get them. The next time you are in a forum and the topic is about an upcoming event, I guarantee that someone is going to ask if there is an emblem involved. If you are one of these people, shame on you.
First off, let me apologize for my absence. Since school has ended, I have been extremely busy. I've been in and out of town, visiting family, celebrating Canada Day, and just relaxing. But enough with the boring stuff.
In other news, I'm happy to announce that I have reached a terrific, personal achievement. I have managed to accumilate 100 games in my collection. Now, I know that 100 isn't that much of an impressive amount compared to other people, but I'm very proud of it. What is the 100th game you might be asking? Well, it's a game in which it was published by Microsoft back in 2003 to jump-start Xbox Live for the orginal Xbox; Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge.
When I went to EB Games last Friday, I was in the mood for something a bit older. At first, I walked over to the PS2 section, but found nothing that interested me. Then, I went over to the original Xbox section and I found Crimson Skies. I picked it up, and looked at the price: $2.99. Brand new. I couldn't pass it up. So, I bought it.
I'm still in the beginning, so I can't really judge it. But from what I've played so far, it's a really good game.
Now that summer has arrrived, I'll be on GameSpot a lot more than I was. I will try to comment on as many blogs as I can, and of course, I'll continue to write mine.
I've got to run, have a good day everyone!
bigtimegamer413 does not have any recent activity. What a slacker! Maybe you should send bigtimegamer413 a private message and ask, "Where are you hiding?"