All About M4cR1II3n
This should be fun! I have even played games beside these that were even worse, but I spent so little time on those that I won't even count them here. The list as follows:
10. Confrontation: As a wargamer who actually owns a couple of the miniatures this game is based on, this was quite disappointing. Boring combat, no story and ugly graphics. I would like to tell you more, but I fell asleep after 15 minutes, and when I woke up I was in Narnia.
9. 7554: Vietnamese CoD on a budget. Incomprehensible story, some frustrating moments, and no originality what so ever. Or fun.
8. Dark Souls: GAH! I hate this game! I suck at it. Aside from being a horrible port, it also has some of the most aggrevating design choices I have ever encounted. Die, mothaf*cking ledges, die!
7. Carrier Command: Someone told me this was a strategy game? Well, I didn't even get through the FPS part before tossing this. The controls are awful, and so were all the gameplay elements. I'm told the strategy part has some lovely pathfinding issues though.
6. The Expendables 2: Run, shoot, run, shoot. I got through the first 5 levels, then I ran and shot myself. I feel better now.
5. Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse: I actually managed to finish it! I almost cried when it turned out to be another level in the game, but I finished it. I felt shame afterwards.
4. Realms of Ancient War: You found a helmet! You found another identical helmet! You got swamped by another 200 spiders! You uninstalled the game! You win!
3. 007 Legends: Generic shooter with some of the worst controls I have ever had the displeasure of using. Managed to beat it though, and much joy over not having to play it more was had. Huzzah!
2. Deep Black: Reloaded: 2-3 types of enemies, 2-3 types of objectives, 2-3 types of environments., 2-3 bullets in the brain. Problem solved.
1. Uprising44: The Silent Shadows: Do you like to be able to aim in your shooters? Do you like competent AI? Do you like a good story and voice acting? Do you like decent stealth mechanics? Do you like RTS? If you answered yes to any of these questions, avoid this game like the plaugue. They don't get much worse than this.
1. Far Cry 3: The story felt a little lacking sometimes and the game do become rather repetative, but the amount of fun I had with this game had me playing 16 hours straight and messing up my sleeping rhythm again. Not many games can do that, so kudos!
2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown: A game I almost skipped out on entirerly, and I'm really glad I didn't. Like the Total War series, XCOM allows you to forge your own story and characters, and the upgrade system combined with the excellent combat made this far more addicting than I would have thought possible.
3. Max Payne 3: A bit worse than the earlier ones, but a really good story, great graphics and challenging gameplay combinded with the best video game music track of the year make this a winner in my book.
4. Dishonored: Though the story was rather weak and anti-climatic, and the Chaos system a dud, Dishonored's gameplay was almost as much fun as playing DE:HR or Thief 3. I want more!
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II: The same, but better. Black Ops II offers a familiar experience that still manages to entertain. Great in-game balance and less frustrations than MW2, and a decent PC port at that.
6. Alan Wake: Great story and atmosphere, decent gameplay. The second part could be better, but the first really makes this game worth it.
7. Borderlands 2: A decent story unlike the first game, and an overall improvement over the first game. Can still become rather repetitive and dull after a while, however.
8. Mass Effect 3: THAT ENDING! WHY?! The rest of the game was worse than ME2 in most aspects, but the story still managed to tug on my heart strings, which is rare nowadays.
9. Diablo III: First playthrough is awesome, after that it becomes rather dull. DRM and auction house suck. Still, the first 16 hours of looting and killing monsters was a ton of fun.
10. Hitman: Absolution: A better story than earlier Hitman games, decent gunplay, but frustrating stealth system and save points. Could have been much better, but still really entertained.
Rather than having to remember what games I played which year (or rather, came out which year), I'm going to do a year-by-year list of my favorite games from these years for those sweet trips of nostalgia later on.
1. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
2. Medieval II: Total War
3. Company of Heroes
4. Rainbow Six Vegas
5. Hitman: Blood Money
6. Half-Life 2: Episode 1
7. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade
8. Titan Quest
9. Dark Messiah
1. Call of Duty 4
2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
5. Gears of War
7. World in Conflict
8. Half-Life 2: Episode 2
9. Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
10. Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
1. Fallout 3
2. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
3. Mass Effect
4. Assassin's Creed
5. Grand Theft Auto IV
6. Crysis Warhead
7.Call of Duty: World at War
8. Rainbow Six Vegas 2
9. Dead Space
10. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
1. Dragon Age Origins
2. Batman Arkham Asylum
3. Mirror's Edge
4. Resident Evil 5
7. Battlestations: Pacific
8. Red Faction Guerilla
9. The Saboteur
10. Dawn of War II
1. Mass Effect 2
2. Battlefield: Bad Company II
3. Assassin's Creed II
4. Fallout: New Vegas
5. Just Cause 2
6. Metro 2033
7. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
8. Mafia II
9. BioShock 2
10. StarCraft II
1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
2. The Witcher 2
3. Battlefield 3
4. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
5. Portal 2
6. Total War: Shogun 2
7. Batman: Arkham City
8. Dead Space 2
9. L.A: Noire
10. Crysis 2
My Recent Reviews
May 21, 2013 11:51 pm GMTM4cR1II3n began Following Call of Duty: Ghosts
May 21, 2013 11:51 pm GMTM4cR1II3n began Following Battlefield 4
May 21, 2013 7:30 pm GMTM4cR1II3n gave Resident Evil: Revelations a score of 7.0
May 17, 2013 2:16 pm GMTM4cR1II3n gave Metro: Last Light a score of 8.5
May 16, 2013 11:50 pm GMTM4cR1II3n gave Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Uprising a score of 7.0
May 16, 2013 10:45 pm GMTM4cR1II3n added Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Uprising to their owned game list
May 13, 2013 10:47 pm GMTM4cR1II3n gave Scarface a score of 4.0
May 13, 2013 10:15 pm GMTM4cR1II3n began Following Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
May 11, 2013 8:22 pm GMTM4cR1II3n began Following Batman: Arkham Origins
May 11, 2013 8:21 pm GMTM4cR1II3n began Following Wolfenstein: The New Order