Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves will be remembered as the game that excelled in every category.

User Rating: 1 | Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PS3
Drake's Fortune was a great game but it did not get the attention it deserved at the time. People felt that it was too much like a clone but was not really too superior in any categories. It looked pretty, sounded solid, and played decent.

Naughty Dog ups everything in the game to actually make it bigger and better. The graphics are probably the best I've seen in a console game. The technical aspects are flawless, I did not experience any major or minor problems. The story is so fun and tells a great tale of a treasure hunt. And the multiplayer is so solid that it can actually fairly compete to games like Halo and Gears of War - except I haven't experienced any lag or hosts quitting which ruins the game ( I'm looking at you Gears of War) ).

Now you may look at me and call me a fanboy but I own 39 360 games and I love my 360 but it has nothing on this game.

The story is pretty simple. Drake must find the hidden treasure of Marco Polo. There are plenty of twists and turns, new faces and old faces making appearances, and action in the story. The story mode runs about 12 hours...give or take an hour depending on how long you look for treasures.

The graphics in the game are probably THE BEST I've seen in a console game. Never before have I been so engaged with the environments. Now it's probably not the best looking game around but its the game that has so many different coloured environments that you just get an intake of more than just the regular grey in Killzone or Gears.

The gameplay is solid. It takes the mistakes from Drakes Fortune and improves them in every way. As a huge fan of Gears of War, I found it so refreshing to play a game on the PS3 that feels the same. Most people will find that as a negative but I hated Gears 2 and the first one is my favourite game this gen. So to have a game that is a new experience but feels like my favourite game is amazing. Shooting over cover works perfectly and way better than the original. Theres always places to duck for cover as well. A problem I had with the first game is that enemies took forever to kill, in this game it takes fewer shots which is better.

At no times did I face any technical problems. Never in a game with so much going on did I ever experience NO FRAMERATE drops. Its simply amazing that the framerate doesn't dip through some crazy action moments in the game.

The two things that I really enjoyed were the voice acting and the orchestrated music. Both were brilliantly done. Nolan North does another great performance as Nathan Drake and all the other characters sound great. And there are countless scores in the game that I just can't get out of my head.

The multiplayer is also awesome. No lag and since I started playing the beta I have not had any problems finding games. Its very reminisant of Gears of War and thats definitely a great thing.

Overall, Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves is a system seller and the best game the PS3 has out. It excels in every category. There is lifespan through the story, multiplayer, and coop. There is a great engaging story with memorable moments and characters. This is a masterfully done game and Naughty Dog and Sony should be proud.

BFKZ