One of the best Resident Evil games, despite its bad points.
lateralus_1 wrote this review on .
- Well paced in terms of action sequences, puzzles, boss fights etc.
- Enemy AI is generally good (see bad points below) with enemies trying to dodge your shots, and surround you when in a group.
- The game benefits from the use of third-person 'begind shoulder' view.
- Graphics are great, even if the game is a two year old port.
- Atmospheric soundtrack increases tension.
- Control system; makes effective use of the wii remote and doesn't feel gimmicky.
The bad points:
- Occasional glitches in enemy AI - sometimes enemies will not attempt to attack you, and remain 'stuck' within the environment. On the other hand, enemies will run through their own wire explosive traps to attack you, killing themselves instantly.
-Woefully bad dialogue at times. This may be a result of translation issues, but still: the dialogue is full of cliches, humour is misplaced at times and undermines the overall tension of the story. Plus the Merchant's cockney accent is dubious.
Resident Evil 4 is a great, tense, and ultimately fun game despite the bad points mentioned. For me it is one of the best in the series so far.