Total War: Rome II review: A total mess

#1 Posted by jokerdk (289 posts) -
#2 Posted by strategyfn (326 posts) -

I don't agree with most of the review. I have had a couple of interesting battles.

Hope my PC doesn't slow down later in the game (I'm not that far yet). That was pretty detrimental to Empire and I hated how I couldn't play that game the way I wanted although I still enjoyed it.

#3 Posted by jrtoken (3 posts) -

I agree, huge wait times at the end turn mark, and I'm still early in the game. And I had the same issues with empire, Towards the end I couldnt fight any more battles becasue the game would start snailing around, and then crash :(

#4 Posted by jokerdk (289 posts) -

I don't agree with most of the review. I have had a couple of interesting battles.

Hope my PC doesn't slow down later in the (I'm not that far yet). That was pretty detrimental to Empire and I hated how I couldn't play that game the way I wanted although I still enjoyed it.

strategyfn
Every single battle is the same for me, you are just trying to mix your troops in different way.
#5 Posted by jokerdk (289 posts) -

I agree, huge wait times at the end turn mark, and I'm still early in the game. And I had the same issues with empire, Towards the end I couldnt fight any more battles becasue the game would start snailing around, and then crash :(

jrtoken

I still wonder how they made this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaDlihIqPws

#6 Posted by Morteza_Raynor (0 posts) -
#7 Posted by strategyfn (326 posts) -

[QUOTE="strategyfn"]

Hope my PC doesn't slow down later in the (I'm not that far yet). That was pretty detrimental to Empire and I hated how I couldn't play that game the way I wanted although I still enjoyed it.

jokerdk

Every single battle is the same for me, you are just trying to mix your troops in different way.

The small time I have played it I am having a good time as Sparta. I have only had 4 battles also as Macedon. Sparta has been more fun than Macedon.

I think it looks amazing when you attack a coastal settlement and the enemy brings in reinforcments by ship. People also complain about fast battles, I don't really mind it. I have had my Spartan hopilites stare down the enemy for a couple of minutes, blocking javelins; this also looks pretty neat.

I don't know enough about the game. But, theoretically battles should get tougher the farther you get in the game. As enemy units gain experience and traditions themselves, although this may be broken. I don't know. I have had the AI trick me when I first started out.

#8 Posted by Neo_Sarevok (2973 posts) -

^ In my first coastal battle, the enemies last two ships got caught behind its first two ships. End result?... The enemy was stuck. I tried finishing off their boat crew with my archers, but ran out of ammo. I had to fast forward the entire battle. I was the defender so I automatically won, but still, what a joke.

#9 Posted by hvypetals (412 posts) -

agreed.  the game sucks.

#10 Posted by DamnILoveGames (119 posts) -

jrtoken
Wait. So is THIS the reason my PC has been going so slowly recently!?
#12 Posted by hvypetals (412 posts) -