So when is Medieval 3 coming out?

#1 Posted by paladinjb (2 posts) -

I really liked Medieval 2 and feel that an updated combat engine would really make a game like that awesome as long as the rest of the game was not dumbed down and screwed up!

Any word on if Medieval 3 is in the works, and if Creative Assembly will be doing it, or some other studio?  I'm kind of sad that I waited so long for Rome 2 to come out, and I am already looking forward to a different Total War game.

#2 Posted by GONtheSKYLORD (3026 posts) -
They'll just ruin that too if they take the same direction they did with Rome ii.
#3 Posted by bhudspat (1354 posts) -

Rome II is a good all around sequel to Rome, I really do hope they take what they have learned with Rome II and apply it to a Medieval III

#4 Posted by sextus1 (740 posts) -

And in the meantime we lab rats keep dishing out the money on the great expectations put out by CA that are hyped to the max and we get a product that is not better then the prev. title. We are always willing to give them just one more chance only because there is no other company out there that wants to touch this genre. Sad scene.

Sic volvere Parcas " So spin the Fates".

#5 Posted by hvypetals (412 posts) -

theyre moving away from historical and doing warhammer next. where ya been??

why do you think its all magic spells now?

cool huh? ahh marketing geniuses cant live with them cant live with them

#6 Posted by GONtheSKYLORD (3026 posts) -

And in the meantime we lab rats keep dishing out the money on the great expectations put out by CA that are hyped to the max and we get a product that is not better then the prev. title. We are always willing to give them just one more chance only because there is no other company out there that wants to touch this genre. Sad scene.

Sic volvere Parcas " So spin the Fates".

sextus1
I don't think so. This is the only one I don't like. I thought all the others were great.
#7 Posted by greasemonkey42 (2902 posts) -

theyre moving away from historical and doing warhammer next. where ya been??

why do you think its all magic spells now?

cool huh? ahh marketing geniuses cant live with them cant live with them

hvypetals

They're not "moving away" so much as trying the fantasy genre. Absolutely no better way than to start with Warhammer, it's an excellent match. Imagine TW with dragons, undead, ogres, etc. There is really some huge scope here. Picture the battles from Lord of the Rings if you're unfamiliar with Warhammer - all traditional fantasy races will be there to create huge diversity.

Remember that CA has two branches that pump out titles staggerdly. Rome 2 is from the British team, however Shogun 2 and Medieval 2 were from the Australian team I think. The Australian team will be bringing the next title, and I have high hopes.

But the next historial entry after that could be anyone's guess. They've done a sequel to every version so far except Empire, which I would doubt they would go back to very soon. Medieval 3 would be a safe bet, but I wouldn't expect it for another 4 or 5 years.