No Gamespot video review = console gamers illiterate? :)

#1 Posted by Hermes33 (324 posts) -

I know there are exceptions... Starcraft II being one I can think of... but on the whole, does anyone else think it's hilarious we don't get Gamespot video reviews for *PC only* releases? Usually, it's just the written article.

Major console/multi platform releases almost always have a video review here.

It's as if Gamespot think console gamers can't read... so they need a video to watch? :D

Well, I have a PS3 too you know Gamespot? And I am allegedly able to read as well as watch video. :D

It wasn't always like this in the past, of course. I mean back in the days when we actually had people like Greg Kasavin and his brilliant PC games reviews...

#2 Posted by davidsworld3 (3032 posts) -

The game wasn't worth a proper video review.  When they give something a 8, it pretty much sais it's just not really worth it.  That was just a bogus number it really deserves at the most a 7, for me 6 just because it's so boring, and uninteresting. I stopped playing it.  I used to be excited about playing shogun 2 total war when I got home from work or when I wake up, but I'm just tired of the series.  It hasn't made any advancements with technology at all.

#3 Posted by Stag_Lee (13 posts) -

The game wasn't worth a proper video review.  When they give something a 8, it pretty much sais it's just not really worth it.  That was just a bogus number it really deserves at the most a 7, for me 6 just because it's so boring, and uninteresting. I stopped playing it.  I used to be excited about playing shogun 2 total war when I got home from work or when I wake up, but I'm just tired of the series.  It hasn't made any advancements with technology at all.

davidsworld3

Yes I think so too. They just make a few cosmetic changes and call it a new game. They should look to Civilization to see how sequels should be approached - improvements, not just changes.

#4 Posted by Billieguy (15 posts) -

[QUOTE="davidsworld3"]

Stag_Lee

Yes I think so too. They just make a few cosmetic changes and call it a new game. They should look to Civilization to see how sequels should be approached - improvements, not just changes.

It is the best in the series IMO. After it gets the technical fixes it will be golden. I'm not saying it's good that it has them but it could be a lot worse. Also, it will be moddable, compared to Shogun 2

#5 Posted by Hermes33 (324 posts) -

So, who IS Daniel Starkey? Is he a member of Gamespot? You see, I don't recall ever seeing any reviews by him anywhere else. Or is he.. as I suspect after reading his review.. a fiction... a made up name? A fake name invented by Sega marketing? I think the latter may actually be the case here... what do you think?

To say that Rome II is the "best in the series"? I mean, with Loose Formation and Jeff van Dyck missing... what are you smoking??