After the huge let down that Diablo 3 was, I can't wait to put my hands on this.

#1 Posted by Eraldus (399 posts) -
A true Action/Rpg that still stand true to the dungeon crawling formula.
#2 Posted by dcolanduno (4 posts) -

What part of Diablo III was not anything but a dungeon crawl? 

#3 Posted by Eraldus (399 posts) -
I meant it in the way it won't fail to deliver what it is originally intended to. (a true single player mode where you aren't needed to be online all the time and deal with lag or being at their server's mercy in order to play it, no real money auction house bull****, customisations, etc, etc, etc...)
#4 Posted by amekhov (968 posts) -

I played some D3 and also some Torchlight II open beta and I have to say I much prefer D3, although D3 has not impressed me all that much. The story in D3 is pretty solid and the cinematics are fantastic, so at least it has that much going for it.

#5 Posted by Gamr2723 (119 posts) -

A true Action/Rpg that still stand true to the dungeon crawling formula.Eraldus

Like you I have no use for Diablo 3.  My torch is lit for Torchlght 2. Can't wait to play this one! (Next month rumor says)

#6 Posted by anger021780 (339 posts) -
Bought D3 and have been playing the TL2 beta. I have to say Im enjoying the TL2 beta much much more.
#7 Posted by Gamr2723 (119 posts) -

Bought D3 and have been playing the TL2 beta. I have to say Im enjoying the TL2 beta much much more. anger021780

Also started playing the TL2 Beta, like changes so far, also like the outdoor invironmental implimentation into the game! Love Runic games! The first Torchlight has to be one my top ten favorite games of all times! Stoked for TL2!:cool:

#8 Posted by Eraldus (399 posts) -
I got an invite for the beta, but when i try to run the downloader they've sent to my e-mail, it says it is corrupted :(
#9 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19509 posts) -

I got an invite for the beta, but when i try to run the downloader they've sent to my e-mail, it says it is corrupted :(Eraldus

So... is that going to dampen your enthusiasm? ;)

#10 Posted by Eraldus (399 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eraldus"]I got an invite for the beta, but when i try to run the downloader they've sent to my e-mail, it says it is corrupted :(Gelugon_baat

So... is that going to dampen your enthusiasm? ;)

Nope .avi Also, I've managed to get demo working now :P
#11 Posted by terafumos (405 posts) -
Diablo 3 was one of the biggest letdowns ever for me in terms of games. The story in particular was so terrible that I could not bear playing through it again after the first difficulty. Fortunately, I played in the TL 2 beta and enjoyed it thoroughly, so I eagerly await its release.
#12 Posted by don_pafciu (12 posts) -

Diablo 3 was the major fail of 2012. TL2 is not designed by greedy businessmen but by talented artists! You can feel it.

#13 Posted by Sardinar (564 posts) -

I played some D3 and also some Torchlight II open beta and I have to say I much prefer D3, although D3 has not impressed me all that much. The story in D3 is pretty solid and the cinematics are fantastic, so at least it has that much going for it.

amekhov

Diablo 3 had the worst story of all the Blizzard games. I understand that it's all matter of opinion, but it was ridden with cliches and predictable one-sided characters - all of the bad guys had the exact same personality. The writing had no depth other than 'rawr, I am bad guy, I kill you.'

Diablo 3 made a lot of design choices that cut down the replay value of a hack and slash by about 93%. I would usually play a Blizzard game for years and years to come. Diablo 3 got boring within 2-3 months. I can't get much more specific because it would require a lot of writing. 

Torchlight 2 was made by the same developers that created Diablo 2. It has the same mechanics as Diablo 2, but it improved a lot on them.  Those two reasons are enough to proclaim Torchlight 2 as the direct succesor to Diablo 2 - Diablo 3 is just a bad game that was destroyed by horrible choices from Jay Wilson and his lackeys. They are trying to make patches that bring the game closer to Diablo 2, but it will never be enough - the game was broken from the start.

#14 Posted by williebazerka (305 posts) -
I been playing TL2 the past couple of days and loving it.And it's only $20.00.
#15 Posted by Kickable (1097 posts) -
I meant it in the way it won't fail to deliver what it is originally intended to. (a true single player mode where you aren't needed to be online all the time and deal with lag or being at their server's mercy in order to play it, no real money auction house bull****, customisations, etc, etc, etc...)Eraldus
I was probably just as let down, I get the customizations issue, the shallow ability/stat/weapon upgrade management and the ridiculously short amount of time before I was "done" with the game. but while everything else is understandable reasons IMO to not recommend the game they aren't examples of whether D3's a true dungeon crawler or not that anyone should take seriously, at all.
#16 Posted by Zarzha (1263 posts) -

What part of Diablo III was not anything but a dungeon crawl?

dcolanduno

The part where it costs $40 more for half the story content, and same amount of loot.

Congrats.