They screwed this game up.

#1 Posted by urazelda (33 posts) -

Look at the E3 footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhzTP1oh270

Gameplay looks slow, sluggish, and the animations are just terrible. Whenever the skater bails, they twirl around or something. It also looks like moon physics are on or something. Why couldn't they just make it like the original? I know it's not out yet, but still...

#2 Posted by Slipstream720 (287 posts) -

It looks just like the original to me...

#3 Posted by atrofiado (273 posts) -

Y U NO understand that the footage you saw is from a game still in development and it's subject to change? Criticize the final product when it comes out.

#4 Posted by greebe55 (45 posts) -

lol at no split screen that is such an instant fail

instant deal breaker right there, so glad i double checked before buying

#5 Posted by MxAa (906 posts) -

I have the game... and it's the same sluggish controls from the original thps 1 and 2... you must have not actually played those then. Those games felt like they had weird moon like physics too.

#6 Posted by TAGGER_SK8ER101 (1866 posts) -
You guys who don't like this are crazy, if you played a lot of pro skater 1 you would be used to these controls. I'm loving the hell out of this game for $15. I'm just bummed over no type of playlist being available for the music, although there aren't that many songs to begin with.
#7 Posted by MxAa (906 posts) -

Lets not get ahead of our selves here... THPS 3 PC is the best tony hawk game still.... even for online multiplayer which is very sad considering THPS HD is out in the era of prime multi player experience. Do I think the game is fun? Yes... is it good for competition like THPS 3 PC? Hellz no...

#8 Posted by LystTHPS (1 posts) -

Lets not get ahead of our selves here... THPS 3 PC is the best tony hawk game still.... even for online multiplayer which is very sad considering THPS HD is out in the era of prime multi player experience. Do I think the game is fun? Yes... is it good for competition like THPS 3 PC? Hellz no...

MxAa
Agree, if you really want a trip down memorylane just go with THPS3 PC. There is a levelmod released recently, adding 27 levels, including all levels from thps1, 2 and 2x as well as London, Alcatraz, MotoX and Kona USA from THPS4. Unlike HD there is the ability to play online, which even after all those next generation games, has still one of the best, if not the best CTF, KOTH and CZ (which isn't even included in the other games) experience out there. The physics are way faster and it feels a lot smoother. And we do not have these weird features like specialbars emptying out during combo's. Plus there still exists an active community that organizes tournaments, challenges and other stuff that adds up to the experience.