Bodycount deserves more than 5.5 guys!!
Sycosi wrote this review on .
Ok first up that score is harsh, very harsh. BC is not perfect and a long way off it but it is enjoyable! Very enjoyable and leaves pig ugly eyesores like Homefront for dead which got much better reviews, mainly due to the story!
Lets look at the bad things first;
1) Your character has no indentifiable personality and doesn't communicate at all on any levels. Bit dull but not the end of the world.
2) Getting killed from out of nowhere and dying suddenly when you don't appear that wounded is very annoying. However this happens once in a while.
3) Online is dead. No one on it but its early days
4) Yoyoing samey locations based on 3 places, africa, Asia and some space station underground place. All look ok tho and offer a nice variety.
5) Simplistic and not entirely consistant story line that made sense.
6) Melee is a bit weak and the 'nade throws are super accurate.
Now the good stuff;
1) The guns sound and look superb and have a very satisfying feel, weight and sound. Like you're firing a pretty powerful gun. Excellent selection of weapons some with a creative nu-age look.
2) Graphics work well and have a Battlefield meets Borderland look to them making them kind of unique
3) Simple and usefull special options/weapons attachments like adrenaline or airstrikes, mines, grenades etc. All work well and feel well placd.
4) Gameplay feels right and is very enjoyable.
5) The destructive and explosive aspect of you as a waepon is excellent. Blowing things to bits just felt great!!
6) Excellent trophy list that is achieveable and makes you want to play on. Gold Trophies accessible.
7) No lag or annoying loading during the game.
8) By the end of the game on hard you feel as tho you've been tested at the right level and earned the ending, rather than just walking thru to the inenvitible end.
So not perfect but even the negatives aren't that bad. Bodycount is not on par with Call of Juarez - the cartel or Homefront or Duke Nukem. Its infinitly better!! So rent it and see for yourself. A nice 8-10 hours of fun blasting and shooting thats enjoyable and trophy rewarding.