what the deal with people comparing it to uncharted

#1 Posted by resident_jisen (333 posts) -

i read a lot of reviews and see people in comments comparing it to uncharted or even complaining they ripped off uncharted.As far as i`m concerned they are 2 separate games and have no relation to one another other than some minor similarities.i`m getting sick of hearing this especially in reviews. How does everyone else feel about this?

#4 Posted by murph85 (208 posts) -

i read a lot of reviews and see people in comments comparing it to uncharted or even complaining they ripped off uncharted.As far as i`m concerned they are 2 separate games and have no relation to one another other than some minor similarities.i`m getting sick of hearing this especially in reviews. How does everyone else feel about this?

resident_jisen

I have never played Uncharted or Tomb Raider so the only similarity I can think of is is that both are 3rd person Action/Adventure games.

#5 Posted by DaDizzel (799 posts) -

I feel that Uncharted is a rip of Tomb Raider. lets not forget who the OG is of Action Adventure

#6 Posted by BigJackBauer (151 posts) -
I'd say they're actually similar in quite a few ways - but that's definitely not a bad thing. Uncharted 2 and 3 are superb games - particularly 2 - and the climbing, interactive set pieces and gunplay all seem at least similar. I absolutely love the new Tomb Raider and I'd hate to think anyone passes on it due to similarities to Uncharted. The similarities don't mean you 'feel' like you're playing an Uncharted game, you just feel comfortable and at home with the game quickly if you've experienced them. For me, Tomb Raider seems to be a good combination of Batman Arkham Asylum, Resident Evil 4 and Uncharted. All fantastic games and since they've got it right, criticism of ripping any of them off is extremely unfair.
#7 Posted by murph85 (208 posts) -

I'd say they're actually similar in quite a few ways - but that's definitely not a bad thing. Uncharted 2 and 3 are superb games - particularly 2 - and the climbing, interactive set pieces and gunplay all seem at least similar. I absolutely love the new Tomb Raider and I'd hate to think anyone passes on it due to similarities to Uncharted. The similarities don't mean you 'feel' like you're playing an Uncharted game, you just feel comfortable and at home with the game quickly if you've experienced them. For me, Tomb Raider seems to be a good combination of Batman Arkham Asylum, Resident Evil 4 and Uncharted. All fantastic games and since they've got it right, criticism of ripping any of them off is extremely unfair.BigJackBauer

I'm surprised there aren't more comparisons to Hitman and Assassin's Creed considering the game has something similiar to Instinct/Eagle Vision.

#8 Posted by SNESNOSTALGIA2 (409 posts) -

Yea I sort of got the comparison at first..... but after spending 20+ hours with the game its nothing like uncharted and has its own heart and soul

#9 Posted by SNESNOSTALGIA2 (409 posts) -

Still its a flattering comparison lol 

#10 Posted by BigJackBauer (151 posts) -

[QUOTE="BigJackBauer"]I'd say they're actually similar in quite a few ways - but that's definitely not a bad thing. Uncharted 2 and 3 are superb games - particularly 2 - and the climbing, interactive set pieces and gunplay all seem at least similar. I absolutely love the new Tomb Raider and I'd hate to think anyone passes on it due to similarities to Uncharted. The similarities don't mean you 'feel' like you're playing an Uncharted game, you just feel comfortable and at home with the game quickly if you've experienced them. For me, Tomb Raider seems to be a good combination of Batman Arkham Asylum, Resident Evil 4 and Uncharted. All fantastic games and since they've got it right, criticism of ripping any of them off is extremely unfair.murph85

I'm surprised there aren't more comparisons to Hitman and Assassin's Creed considering the game has something similiar to Instinct/Eagle Vision.

Completely agree. Again, not bad games to be inspired by or to 'borrow' from.

#11 Posted by Leejjohno (14079 posts) -

Because they both have terrible multiplayer?