This game is going to require you to play it, right?

#1 Posted by NeverMore0 (995 posts) -
From everything we've seen so far, it looks like it pretty much plays itself. But hey, the graphics are awesome.
#2 Posted by killered3 (203 posts) -
From everything we've seen so far, it looks like it pretty much plays itself. But hey, the graphics are awesome.NeverMore0
I said it before and I'll say it again, I predict a great first game but a terrible series. If I were in charge of this project; I would've dropped Tomb Raider from the title and instead call it: "The Origins of Lara Croft". And then CLEARLY tell everyone at E3 that this direction is only mandatory for this Origin game and that the other sequels will feature more exploration. That would be the SMART thing to do. Uncharted had to go the Crazy-Action-Adventure path because Naughty Dog had to in order to compete with Tomb Raider's fanbase. Tomb Raider made these adventure games what they are- she doesn't have to try this hard. I wish they just continued the story where Underworld left off.
#3 Posted by OmenUK (1268 posts) -

From everything we've seen so far, it looks like it pretty much plays itself. But hey, the graphics are awesome.NeverMore0

To be honest I think what we have seen so far has  mainly been cut scenes and small snippets of game play as they've been mainly marketing the game as Lara's origin story rather than a game with cutscenes it's come across much of the time as cutscenes with some interactive bits.

There was some gameplay footage at E3 showing the character hunting, and doing a couple of other things to show of the gameplay which looks really impressive, as you point out though it'd be a shame if this ends up like the last Metal Gear Solid with there being more cut scene than game play but hoping as I say that so far they've just bveen selling the story via the cut scenes rather than showing more in-game footage to get people interested (although thinking about it not sure if that' be a wise idea).

#4 Posted by NeverMore0 (995 posts) -
I agree, hopefully it's been a disproportionately large number of cutscenes shown off just for the sake of marketing, and not because that's a representation of the final game. I don't have anything against cutscenes (some people hate lots of them), but I do want to play the game myself some. MGS4 is a good comparison. The gameplay they had was great, but there really wasn't much of it.
#5 Posted by Sindroid (15 posts) -

Quick time events.. i bet this game has tons of them..

#7 Posted by ZaoQuan (44 posts) -

What a load of bollocks or in this case **** Lara Croft and the Lara we all know so well from the films games etc never originated from the story she didn't become a Tomb raider by being shipwrecked on Island full of cultists, merc's, pirates or whatever. We are not playing the GREEN ARROW, NATHAN DRAKE, or JASON BRODY. This is LARA CROFT no not every millionaire gets shipwrecked on island and then becomes a superhero or survivor that is just so F...ing cliche. We know how she originated and from where her story and character came from she was similar to Indiana Jones in effect without the Nazi's, she had millionaire parents and she trained from youth and learned in a role similar to that of her father.

Way to go rewrite this story in something absurd in order to show that lack of creativity and yes another shipwrecked on an f..ing island killing people because this heroine is the next Rambo wannabe...... So this game will now be a variation of Uncharted not TOMB RAIDER.

#8 Posted by Kickable (1097 posts) -
your posts give people cancer
#9 Posted by ZaoQuan (44 posts) -

your posts give people cancerKickable

No whatever cancer would be is from rewriting this game and character into something they are not, totally changing that origin and charm.

Look at Lara now she doesn't even look sexy anymore, just ugly and butch. The famous hotpants, tank top, ponytail, jumping and doing all of those acrobatics, while dual weilding two pistols. Is now replaced by this super ugly (American Indian) lookalike with bow and arrow and hatchet type of scalper. Her picture is a female, Connor, Creed. While playing her outrageous cliche of a storyline regarding her origins that is no longer original, and in line with her predecessors. FFS! If this doesn't give you cancer. I really don't know what possibly would. However you the above are one of those who are eagerly infected, for that now ridiculously easy 1K, undoubtedly gaining within a week. Obviously is super easy because the game is a total clone.....

#10 Posted by SNESNOSTALGIA2 (133 posts) -

^ LMAO 

#11 Posted by green_abobo (1287 posts) -
I just hope we can play it @ our own pace, & hopefully 50% of the game isn't cutscenes. if I wanted to watch a movie, I would do so. if I want to play a game, I want to play a game. also, if we don't feel like doing the next major objective (say you want to do some treasure hunting, exploring, or just generally go around & kill things) we don't have to. will this have new game plus? everything else about it screams arkham city to me. except there's multiplayer, which is apparently getting terrible reviews.
#12 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kickable"]your posts give people cancerZaoQuan

No whatever cancer would be is from rewriting this game and character into something they are not, totally changing that origin and charm.

Look at Lara now she doesn't even look sexy anymore, just ugly and butch. The famous hotpants, tank top, ponytail, jumping and doing all of those acrobatics, while dual weilding two pistols. Is now replaced by this super ugly (American Indian) lookalike with bow and arrow and hatchet type of scalper. Her picture is a female, Connor, Creed. While playing her outrageous cliche of a storyline regarding her origins that is no longer original, and in line with her predecessors. FFS! If this doesn't give you cancer. I really don't know what possibly would. However you the above are one of those who are eagerly infected, for that now ridiculously easy 1K, undoubtedly gaining within a week. Obviously is super easy because the game is a total clone.....

Cool story bro.
#13 Posted by djball (355 posts) -

I want to find the person who decided that QTE button mashing in video games would be fun, and STRIKE YOU DOWN!!

And you should also know that, taking away control REPEATEDLY REPEATEDLY REPEATEDLY for, usually stupid action cinematic cut scenes, DRIVES US NUTS!!! Cmon developers, smarten up this is not a movie!!

End Rant. It's Laura so I'm still gonna buy the game, sigh. 

#14 Posted by mgaroz (6 posts) -

I want to find the person who decided that QTE button mashing in video games would be fun, and STRIKE YOU DOWN!!

And you should also know that, taking away control REPEATEDLY REPEATEDLY REPEATEDLY for, usually stupid action cinematic cut scenes, DRIVES US NUTS!!! Cmon developers, smarten up this is not a movie!!

End Rant. It's Laura so I'm still gonna buy the game, sigh. 

djball
Just sayin' it's not Laura but Lara :P
#15 Posted by Kickable (1097 posts) -
ZaoQuan you really are quite the character, i think it's obvious you're just joking now