Is the pc version really being released tomorrow?

#1 Posted by cbryan91 (32 posts) -

Can someone clarify why amazon release date for pc download is tomorrow?

#2 Posted by MirkoS77 (7588 posts) -

Can someone clarify why amazon release date for pc download is tomorrow?

cbryan91

I'm wondering this as well.  I guess we'll found out tomorrow, hope it will be a good morning. :)

#3 Posted by Jediprince (28 posts) -

If the code is redeemable in steam, even if you have it on March 1, you'll have to wait for March 4 to play it.

#4 Posted by cbryan91 (32 posts) -

Waiting for order to process now!! YAY 

#5 Posted by gruoch1 (1030 posts) -

I think when you purchase it, it allows you to pre-install the game to your hdd, so when it is released on the 5th all you have to do is activate it and start playing instantly. I could be wrong though, let me know if you can play it now...

#6 Posted by cbryan91 (32 posts) -

Hey man, sadly most orders are still processing,bc amazon ran out of steam key., so order still processing,they changed the title to preload now bc so many people complained they got rigged from it,still waiting in my key

#7 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

Seen this topic and was wondering, if you downloaded the game, and then changed you're pc/laptop clock to 5th March would it allow you to start playing the game before it is actually released (I know it sounds naive to think it'd be that simple but curious as to if you can and how they'd stop you doing that if you remained offline  as I assume the game would realise Steam can't get online and would load just Tomb Raider).

#8 Posted by MirkoS77 (7588 posts) -

Seen this topic and was wondering, if you downloaded the game, and then changed you're pc/laptop clock to 5th March would it allow you to start playing the game before it is actually released (I know it sounds naive to think it'd be that simple but curious as to if you can and how they'd stop you doing that if you remained offline  as I assume the game would realise Steam can't get online and would load just Tomb Raider).

OmenUK

I'd imagine they'd set a timer set to a the respective region the moment the game is downloaded, so it doesn't matter what your PC's clock is set to, only to what the timer on the preloaded game says relative to it's download time for said region.  It would have its own internal clock unattached to the server but determined by it while downloading and before going offline.

#9 Posted by stilloffside (7 posts) -

Game was release at 9pm PT...just passed tutorial and a couple entry parts and it is amazing...the graphics and quality are fluid and you will catch yourself standing looking out at the island...very well done Crystal D and Square E...I look forward to getting back into it in the morning.