What is your favorite Splinter Cell Blacklist Single Player Level?

#1 Posted by JohnStanly2 (2 posts) -
Hey guys, I am really enjoying the single player campaign of SC: Blacklist and I hope you guys are too. I was wondering which was your favorite single player level? I will start with mine: *spoilers bellow* I really like American Consumption: Chicago map. It is not because I live there, because I actually don't. I really liked everything from start to finish. The art was sharp, the weather effects and fog gave it a very moody atmosphere and if you look at it with detail you can actually see the guards outside and Sam breath out that cold air steam. The props were well represented of the actual fair that takes place there in the festival (After doing Google search of the actual place). The level design was specially well done. You first start on the roof of the place with a nice view of the skyline. When you enter through the room on the roof and go around in the vent, you get really surprised of what is inside. I liked the carnival in conviction as well, it was a lot of fun, so I was surprised to see it there. The advantage point you get from the top is really amazing which lets you assess the situation before you go down. Also there are tons and tons of ways to get around the first area (zip-line down, go on top of booths, or the tunnel and etc... I love big areas to move around in. The Christmas music also added a very eerie mood to the situation (all carefully placed). Moving forward you enter the basement area which totally again changes the mood and situation. I love all the vents you can traverse through and also (don't know if a lot of people realized) you can turn off the lights down there in the small electrical room. This totally changes the AI behavior and patrol routes. Also there are hostages in there as well as good story telling with blood dragged across the floor into the washroom. I guess it showed that they used the elevators to bring down the killed hostages from above and are storing them in the washrooms. I am a heavy grenade user when shit hits the fan and I realized that throwing a grenade near the hostages fails the mission. That added a lot of pressure. I ended up using the pipes on the ceiling in the last room to sneak by the enemies. Again when you go down in the sewers, the mood changes to that very splinter cell like close quarter, tight, dark combat scene. I love how there was many ways around in the first tunnel. The cut scene was ok in the second tunnel although I don't really like it when it breaks my flow, but I guess it is good rest and it explains why Sam didn't help the hostages himself (because he has a bigger threat to worry about). Moving on to the last tunnel, I liked playing around with the engineer toy machines. A cool new feature in splinter cell. Also going on top of the big pipe is fun way to get passed the patrollers. Coming out of the tunnels into the other side of the pier was also cool, I saw were I had started from when I made it outside. The fog and the atmosphere was amazingly done. I took the roof access inside and made it into the security room, there you could tell that some shit went down. Guards dead left and right, and the door looked like it was destroyed inwards to gain access. Good story telling there. Lastly, going into the water filtration plant! It was another big none linear area to explore! with lots of ways around and under to explore, it made the map super fun and I was on my toes the whole time. Let me know which map you enjoyed and if you liked the Chicago map, let me know your thoughts on your experience. Would also love to hear from people who actually live in Chicago and have seen the pier. I liked some of the other maps too like the London and Tehran map but please just write your most favorite.
#2 Posted by mikegabi (11 posts) -
The first one. It literally blew my mind away because i was playing the game for the first time
#3 Posted by maxfaxhax (0 posts) -
Yeah I have to agree, the Chicago mission was one of the best.
#4 Posted by Black_dragon55 (36 posts) -

Yeah the chicago and the mansion ones. Reminded me of the old splinter cell games...Infiltrating mansions and big houses is freaking awesome!

#5 Posted by jesseandnikki (4834 posts) -

Yeah the chicago and the mansion ones. Reminded me of the old splinter cell games...Infiltrating mansions and big houses is freaking awesome!

Black_dragon55
Reminded me of the bank mission in Chaos Theory...that was the best mission of the entire series IMO. For Blacklist...I really liked the Iraq mission even though I thought it paled in comparison to what they showed during the first gameplay reveal.
#6 Posted by Funeral_Fan (1019 posts) -
Mine was defiantly the final mission (FN8 I think it's called?) it just felt most like a chaos theory mission to me. Honestly all the missions in the game are really solid. The only mission I didn't like was the Airstrip mission, I think the game would have been stronger if they had left that out.