Repeating Mistake

#1 Posted by mason68 (193 posts) -

The gameplay looks like it's the same as Conviction. Do the developers not know how bad that game was? IMO that game was horrible BECAUSE of the gameplay. I miss the old splinter Cell.....

#2 Posted by jesseandnikki (4834 posts) -
Different strokes for different folks. I've been a fan since Chaos theory and have loved every Splinter Cell game. Only one I wasn't hot over was Double Agent. I welcome the change, and understand what you mean, but it seems like they're adding some "old" Splinter Cell back in to it while adding a few new stuff. Hopefully they can make the campaign more difficult though.
#3 Posted by DaDumb1 (3844 posts) -

They just seem to be completely oblivious to fan opinion, but I don't know...it looks okay, and Conviction was a good start but the game needed a lot more depth and it needed the difficulty to be turned up a lot.

#4 Posted by blkgto (790 posts) -

Yeah it looks like it plays a lot like conviction, which is too bad.  Conviction's campaign is awful.  It's not a true splinter cell at all. I loved trying to sneak through the old games without killing anyone.  Now they encourage it.