TITANFALL or how an arcade shallow casual game 6 v 6 with no SP can be shown as a revolution in the field of gaming !

User Rating: 1 | Titanfall PC

BIG CONS : NO STORY / NO COMPETITIVE FEEL / NO SP CAMPAIGN / ARCADE / CASUAL / NO SKILL REQUIRED / LOTS OF BOTS TO CREATE THE ILLUSION OF BIG FIGHTS - HENCE 6 V 6 MOD / NO TEAMWORK / BIG CROSHAIR FOR ROBOTS ON THOSE BIG WEAPONS THAT TAKE HALF THE SCREEN ( YOU MUST BE BRAINDEAD TO MISS THE TARGET ) / BAD GRAPHICS / HUD BORROWED FROM CRYSIS / NO DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENT / ALL THE GAME MECHANICS HAVE BEEN DONE BEFORE IN OTHER GAMES ( DARK VOID , INVERSION , BRINK ) - SO NO REVOLUTION....AND THE LIST GOES ON ( AND DONT FORGET THE AGGRESSIVE MANIPULATIVE ADVERTISING FROM TITANSPOT ) !

BIG PLUS : FUN / FAST PACED / SHALLOW...PERFECT GAME FOR THE NEW GENERATION OF X1 !!!

UBERSCHEIßE

gamefreak215jd
gamefreak215jd

This review might have been a little too harsh,but it wasn't entirely as misleading as the GS review and from any other site that gave it a 8 or a 9.This game deserves a 7 at best.

pyosisified
pyosisified

I don't get how this game got a 9/10, it repulses me that this got the same score as titles such as Dark Souls 2 which is an elaborately designed piece of art. There really needs to be some kind of revolution against this era of generic casual cash-cow garbage that gets HURRR 10/10 BEST GAME EVA reviews, 1/10 is the appropriate score for this kind of trash that completely killed FPS games.

Cryckard
Cryckard

So you think this is the worst game of all time? You must since you gave it a 1. By no means should it receive a 1 from anyone. I can understand not liking it, and giving a 6, but a 1 doesn't make sense. And yet another 106 people gave this game a 1. I feel like I should give the game a 10 to make up for the undeserving ones.

quakke
quakke

Appropriate score for this pile. It's funny how EA advertise this showing that "75 positive gamesite reviews" which consists of bribing.

JulyAeon
JulyAeon

I agree, it is a multi player - a playground - and therefore should not count as a video game: if this is next gen than count me out. At least they didn't bother with the single player mode and therefore spared me another disappointment of hoping to gain an intelligent, challenging and excellent story driven master game without any qte's and stupid camera angles of all times......

valgua1977
valgua1977

Come on. Be serious. I have been very critical of Titanfall because of its lack of customization (I think its a missed opportunity. It would have been cool to have your own insigna on your titans). I agree that Titanfall is not a revolution (do we need one?) but it's still a very fun game with a lot of potential. I would give it an 8 (stressing that BF4 is a 9).

BlackBaldwin
BlackBaldwin

Totally agree with this review bought a X-1 with this game as a free DL with it and only played it for like ten minutes before I was completely bored and irritated how much of a lack of a game their was for the giant memory size it took up on my HD.  But at least I was smart enough to pick up DR3 and Forza at least they are games unlike that beta feeling I got off of TitanFail..

Dexyu
Dexyu

id give it a 6 its mechanics is good but nothing new. . definitely no 1. . .you haven't seen real 1 if you think this deserves 1 mark

Romayo83
Romayo83

A 1 little harsh there bud?

EnderWiggen66
EnderWiggen66

That sums it up perfectly, I almost bought this thinking that it had a single player campaign but then glanced at gamespot and your review speaks volumes. Thanks man, you saved me $60; plus 50GB, which is an egregious amount of SSD space to waste on a game that's apparently targeted at lower end PCs.

Zenwork21
Zenwork21

100% Agreed please keep going

Austerus
Austerus

No story: true, but then again I wouldn't count it as a + or -. BF4 also doesn't have a story (unless you call that utterly retarded excuse for people killing each other a story, in which case I'd say that no story is better than a retarded story or at least equivalent - neither will affect how much I like shooting people in virtual world).

No competitive feel: it's neither less or more competitive than others. The general feel is more related to how much you can get into the atmosphere. I can't get into the Crysis atmosphere but I wouldn't give it a 1.

No SP campaign: true, I also agree it's a pretty big -

Arcade: this is related to how you play it. Most people I see on servers play shooters as a kind of jump 'n' run arcade.

Casual: this isn't an extra -, if you can't get into the feel then yes, it will probably feel casual. Doesn't mean it is.

No skill required: it's not as tactical as big map games (again, BF4, but BF4 is the only game in the genre currently offering big maps). It does require skill, just the kind the require players to adjust. Players just got too complacent with the 'standard' skills required by all other games. Something different comes in the genre, yep it will required you to adapt or die (or just don't play). Doesn't make it a bad game.

Lots of bots: what would be the difference? In BF4 with 32 vs 32 players half your team act worse than bots: blocking access ways, blowing up your explosive, deflecting your grenades, etc .... at least Titanfall bots don't camp and don't block access ways.

No teamwork: that's not up to the game, that's up to players. There are no games that force you into teamplaying.

Big crosshairs: so what? Big guns = big crosshairs. Yes, it's a game with big robots. Big robots are hard to miss, so the game is consistent. I call that a +.

Bad graphics: if you have a slow/poor computer, sure

HUD borrowed from Crysis: maybe, can't say much as I'm not a fan.

No destructible environment: yes, this is the biggest - of them all. Big robot hits big building, I would expect some collapse, stuff to fly around.

All game mechanics have been done before: yeah, just like every game mechanic in games in the past couple of years have been done before. But not all in the same game before. Yeah, I wouldn't call it innovation either, but this is related to the hype around the game, not the game itself. No revolution, agree, but why are you reviewing the marketing rather than the game ?

And the list goes on: ... no it doesn't, you just stopped it.

remiks00

You gave this game a 1 dude? This is a perfect example of fanboyism at it's finest. This wasn't a review, this was just another rabid fanboy attack/ immature rant that has no substance. Most of your complaints like"NO STORY / NO COMPETITIVE FEEL / NO SP CAMPAIGN, etc."  are a joke. There is a story,lol, it is competitive, and you already knew that there would be NO single player campaign when the game was revealed.

There's no way in hell that this game is even close to being a "1" , what a joke of a review.

truehuman
truehuman

Poor ps4 fanboys cant stand that titanfall is not available for ps4.... taking out there frustration on titanfall .... its not titanfalls fault that the best ps4 has to offer are mediocre games knack and shadofall..... with no decent games for PS4 you guys have soo much time in your hands... coming here and bashing xbox... while xbox one owners are busy playing titanfall. I don't hate you guys.. I pity you guys.... you trusted PS4 and its screwing with you…. :(   Such a pity.

For your sake I hope second son is a good game

streissguth
streissguth

my sentiments exactly very boring and unfulfilled.  this game is a bust, MS better get a new, pony to ride!!

Ghost0577
Ghost0577

Very one-sided review, not helpful.

Moun7ainMan
Moun7ainMan

I'd give this review a 1 out of 10. Never played the game but honestly how many games have ever gotten a 1? Its almost impossible. Either that or your standards are unrealistic.

kenundrum7

Giving this a 1 is proof of a terrible, biased review, with no credibility.

lithium023
lithium023

having no single player campaign is great, just makes it easier to get to were you want to be and that's in the multiplayer.

pcmusturdrace
pcmusturdrace

SHALLOW...PERFECT GAME FOR THE NEW GENERATION OF X1 !!!
Oh, let me guess? You're not biased AT ALL?

Payasoplas
Payasoplas

No SP campiagn is more than enough reason not to buy, no need to be a competition fanboy, is just common sense, buying MP only games and recycled MP maps is just supporting lazy developers...

Derbefrier
Derbefrier

lol sony fanboy hasn't even played it

Aleksa8
Aleksa8

@EnderWiggen66  This is actually targetted at lower end? I'd thought that it was going to be a resource hog like CoD.

ramyland

@Austerus I have nothing against those who like the game and see the positive things about him (like your opinions for example , i just do not agree with them, but I accept them as being a different view of looking at things) but as the game was brought to the fore by an aggressive and manipulative advertising that it showed him to be  the new revolution in MP shooter and the review of the titanspot is totally misleading in that huge score given to a mediocre game in my opinion and many PC users especially who can tell the difference between an arcade game and a competitive one ,i keep my opinions on the game and see all the negative things presented by me as a certainty, note 1 was given to contrast with note 9 (who is also  deceptive !) totally undeserved given by fanboy Chris w !.

ramyland

@waxcriminal A response like yours  with no arguments "this is retarded " , and now you want to impose censorship to ?!

dark_death78

@remiks00 This game is NOT competitive, it is EASY beyond belief, ASSUMING you come across other players in 6v6. Unless Titans are involved.

It did not take me 10 matches to start topping scoreboards once you figure out the feel of the game and learn where to avoid getting caught out... No challenge at all.

Plus, I tried to pay attention to the "story" in the campaign mode, but beyond the lobby screen and end of match screen, paying attention to the 'story' while trying to concentrate on actually playing is ridiculous. I remember basically just the last mission story, vaguely, don't remember any character names, just something about one of the guys switching sides and helping the militia, and destroying some facility to stop them from using Warp *shrugs*, meh.

Agreed about the no SP campaign, doesn't bother me personally. Online is plenty.

1 was a bit too harsh, but I think the point was a passive aggressive protest against the unjustified "game description" 9/10 given by Chris W.

ramyland

@remiks00 You're delusional, i feel sorry for you ,if you have read a few lines below you see why I gave him a 1 "what a joke of a review" can be said about tittanspot review  , and all my complaints on the subject are true and can not be countered.!

@truehuman

Clearly this is based on the PC version. Also wasn't it Gamespot who wrote the article about how only 10% of sales for Titanfall were on XBox and the rest on PC? Umm, yay for consoles? What? Clearly this isn't such a console hit to begin with. IRONICALLY perhaps it might have done a little better if it was on the PS as well, BUT at the end of the day the game is EXACTLY the same on all platforms, so really it's completely irrelevant....

Therefore:

1 is a harsh score but the information in the review was basically on the mark: irrespective of the platform.

ramyland

@truehuman  I own a pc, i dont care about consoles and i never will care about them in the future so your point is invalid to me !

ramyland

@Moun7ainMan Grade 1 was required to give an example and show that this game is not a revolution in the field of games and it contrasts note 9 from titanspot which is equally unfair/unrealistic to users by presenting only the "good" ( casual ) parts of the game !

ramyland

@kenundrum7 just like titanspot giving a 9 from fanboy Chris W is a proof of manipulative media/corporate advertising !

LordOfTragedy
LordOfTragedy

@Derbefrier  Love how all the moronic fanboys automatically go straight to calling people that don't agree with them "Sony Fanboys." Dude didn't even mention how it wasn't on the PS4. Not like anyone truly cares, the game is awesome with the majority of the players using the auto-aim pistol that you don't even have to look at your target to get kills with, it's pathetic and completely defeats the purpose of FPS. As far as consoles go, all the new ones are hardly upgrades form their previous versions, better off building a PC for the same cost and getting 5-10x better hardware and capacity.

ramyland

@dark_death78 @remiks00 Of course the score of 1 was given as a sign of protest, if i had to give a correct note it would have been 6 in my opinion of course subjective (considering the negative aspects shown)!

kenundrum7

@ramyland @kenundrum7 I agree with Gamespot's review. The game is not a 1/10. It was well done for what is it. Even if it isn't for you, you have to be an idiot to think it is a 1/10.

remiks00

@LordOfTragedy @Derbefrier1st of all, this "review" is a complete joke/ He gave the damn game a "1". There All credibility was lost at that point.

Also, the "Smart pistol" is not cheap dude, it locks on hella slow vs real players. It's good for decreasing build time for your Titan, and it varies. I'd say that the shotgun is much more cheap that the Smart Pistol. If you really played the game, you would know that. But whatever.. All i'm saying is that this "review" was garbage. No game is perfect, but giving this obviously great game a 1 is putting it on the same level as Ride to Hell.

I will say that this game should have been 49.99 on consoles. I bought my copy for PC from greenmangaming for $42.00

kenundrum7

@thebuch @kenundrum7@ramyland Both you guys seem spoiled.

thebuch said "Well done? Were the graphics well done? No.". I disagree. I love the graphics and it runs super smooth. Except Lagoon is a little laggy.

So it didn't have everything you wanted, but a 1 is asinine. I would give it an 8, just because it is multiplayer only, and multiplayer generally grows stale because of the inherent problems of connection advantage/disadvantage, and other issues. I sometimes prefer to play with bots, and if it had offline bot play I would give it a 9 or 10.

thebuch
thebuch

@kenundrum7 @ramyland  Well done? Were the graphics well done? No. Were the giant, destructible maps well done? No. Were the AI bots littering the maps well done? No. Was customization well done? No. Was the game optimized well to be run on PCs? No, it was a 50 GB file for uncompressed languages to screw over everyone with an SSD. Was the combat well done? No, its run around and whoever has faster reflexes from the hip gets the kill. Is Titan warfare well done? No, its two mechs slamming into each other until one dies and the other is almost dead, and if you engage in Titan warfare you won't last for very long. The game wasn't well done at all, and for a game with this big of a budget and this much hype, rational gamers expected A LOT more. A lot of the people who gave it a 1 aren't fanboys, we really wanted to enjoy the game, but Respawn gave us a terrible game.

ramyland

@remiks00 @LordOfTragedy@Derbefrier all the credibility of titanspot fanboy Chris w was lost after the review , and all your counterarguments are garbage !

dark_death78

@waxcriminal Tribes Ascend is better and it's literally free. Literally. You do not have to spend a single cent to access ALL the content.

Wait, so is Mechwarrior.

WAIT. Titanfall is an inferior cross of Tribes and Mechwarrior... There's 2 games right there. I thought something felt weird when I played Titanfall on PC and had an urge to play Tribes instead.

waxcriminal
waxcriminal

@Kooken58 @Starry_Notion @LordOfTragedy @Derbefrier  there are no fps games that are better than this game. Thats why its worth 49 dollar.

Kooken58
Kooken58

@Starry_Notion @LordOfTragedy@DerbefrierNo the reviewer is right, though he could of been more constructive. This game offers little to justify a 60 dollar pricetag. There are many FPS's out there that offer far more content, many being free too.