Do I need to play the first 2 before this?

#1 Posted by raydawg2000 (155 posts) -

Are these games all 1 big story and I should play 1 and 2 before this?

#2 Posted by AUG-BAS-ROM (4 posts) -

I've heard that they're all one story.  I haven't played them yet, but will soon.

If you plan on buying them, now's the time as they're both on sale on steam atm. 

#3 Posted by Mikka_kippa (971 posts) -
Not mandatory, but it'll help you understand a lot, especially even the title of the game. If you can't afford the game, go to the library and read a couple of the books. They're pretty good, and relevant enough to make you know what's up.
#4 Posted by Jawad2007 (210 posts) -

I wish if I were you , i ll play Witcher 1 and 2 !! I played witcher 1 4 times and Witcher 2 6 timeS wonderfull times

#5 Posted by Duke877 (1 posts) -
Witcher 1 and 2 are both great games, so if you are RPG fan you should definitely play them. You have plenty of time before Witcher 3. Witcher 1 graphics might be a bit outdated at this point, and combat is kinda clunky , but it's worth it for the sake of story. Witcher 2 is my favorite game of all time, one of the best RPgs for sure.
#6 Posted by Paoksis (479 posts) -

it would be a good idea,so that you get immersed right into the game the first time you play it...but there is no "real" requirement of the 2 previous installments

when you finished the 2nd witcher,you'll be so eager to play the 3rd 

#7 Posted by skywalkerforce (183 posts) -

I have started playing them but the first games combat mechanics are a little bit wonky if you aren't used to it. Fair warning.

#8 Posted by killerspawn (116 posts) -