Is this game the end all be all of RPGs?

#1 Posted by ultradude2345 (2309 posts) -

I really need a new game to play. A great ass-kicking western RPG that doesn't slack in any department. Is this the game I need?

#2 Posted by Vojtass (1138 posts) -

I really need a new game to play. A great ass-kicking western RPG that doesn't slack in any department. Is this the game I need?

ultradude2345
What RPGs do you like? TW2 is a story based game.
#3 Posted by Demonslayer017 (17 posts) -

Yes. Buggy and glitchy, to be sure, but the darkest, most interesting RPG to date. Also, the combat and graphics are epic too.

#4 Posted by Demonslayer017 (17 posts) -
Also, try the Mass Effect series for a really personal and emotional journey.
#5 Posted by olgert56 (4124 posts) -

Yep. It's a very story-driven game. It's dark and filled with political intrigue and morality is grey. Whatever choice you make there are bad and good consequences. The graphics are fantastic and so is the gameplay. But if you like games with exploration like Oblivion/Skyrim then this is not it.

Also, like it's already been said, Mass Effect is similar in that it's very story driven but the choices you make are clearer and easier...and it's set way in the future so the setting is very different. I love it too but not as much as The Witcher.

#6 Posted by thepredyteddy (1 posts) -

Just get the witcher 2 (of course the enhanced edition). you won't be dissapointed at all. The story is one of the best I think in the whole RPG genre, gameplay is outstanding, replayability is good too because of countless moral decisions and the soundtrack is good. Simply one of the most mature story driven awesome RPG give it a try and geralt is a badass. :D

#7 Posted by th3warr1or (20640 posts) -
This is a brilliant game.
#8 Posted by SamThePurpleton (60 posts) -

ultradude2345
No offence, but try asking that on a non-Witcher forum. No offence, but I think u can already predict what answers you're gonnna get from fans of the Witcher 2.
#9 Posted by donalbane (16215 posts) -
The game assumes you are an adult, which is a nice switch from most of the RPGs out there. It's got tremendous writing, acting, graphics and combat. So yeah, it's pretty much the best single player RPG out there. And it's chock-a-block with profanity and sex, which is a fun bonus.
#10 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -

Why am I having such a hard time with the combat in the beginning. It's tough to master. 

#11 Posted by DecadesOfGaming (3090 posts) -

Why am I having such a hard time with the combat in the beginning. It's tough to master.

Baroni88

Yewh, I know what ya meen.. iI found the tutorial a nightmare after playing Dark Souls lately, but after playing it for the past day or so, its become normallity.. Seems very interesting so far.