So my (useless/pointless) opinion

#1 Posted by onlywhispers (243 posts) -

So I'm a fan of the Walking Dead TV show, I'll start off by saying that. I own the 1st comic, and thought it was "okay" at best. I loved the TellTale games. So I enjoy walking dead, but I am not a huge ubber fan of it. I was interested in this game, until I realized it suddenly was being released out of nowhere, for 10$ less then normal price, and barely any advertisement, I thought, eh nevermind. Then I read all the hate. Saw the terrible graphics. Then my mind was made up. Until this morning I woke up and decided, hey why the hell not, I'm off today, I'm bored, gives me something to do(no place to rent games here). So i bought it. I played it for two hours, and was pleasently surprised. It is pretty enjoyable. It's not great, but it's pretty good, and probably not as bad as most think it is. The graphics, as you can all tell, aren't great, thats never really mattered to me, but to some it does. I will say the atmosphere is wonderful. I have a decent surround sound system and the sounds, and music make this game very tense. I did once jump and yell "sh*t" outloud like an idiot, and I rarely do this in games. I like the overall idea of this game, but won't deny that it could of been executed a lot better then this. I do feel that the blunt weapons don't have variety besides a normal hit and a hard hit. I wish for a bit more detailed zombie head smashing here!  Overall I think it's a good game, and I can see plenty of you enjoying it, and plenty of you hating it. It's basically a hit or miss for sure, and its a hit for me. It's a bit shallow and maybe not worth the 50$ pricing. 40 and under would be a good deal deff. In my personal opinion/review for the 2hrs so far 7/10. We will see if it changed down the line. Any questions let me know, I am not biased, and will give you honest feedback.

#2 Posted by xliang (156 posts) -

first review i seen around lol

#3 Posted by FeezPrime (1 posts) -

I just got the game yesterday but I haven't played it yet. Right now I'm kind at a crossroad since I'm a big fan of the TV show (been following everyweek) but lots of hate reviews I read on the net. I'm in Malaysia so the currency here is it's RM3 to every $1. So it costs me about RM160 for this game which is expensive. I just hope that this game gives me my money's worth. 

#4 Posted by murph85 (211 posts) -

So I'm a fan of the Walking Dead TV show, I'll start off by saying that. I own the 1st comic, and thought it was "okay" at best. I loved the TellTale games. So I enjoy walking dead, but I am not a huge ubber fan of it. I was interested in this game, until I realized it suddenly was being released out of nowhere, for 10$ less then normal price, and barely any advertisement, I thought, eh nevermind. Then I read all the hate. Saw the terrible graphics. Then my mind was made up. Until this morning I woke up and decided, hey why the hell not, I'm off today, I'm bored, gives me something to do(no place to rent games here). So i bought it. I played it for two hours, and was pleasently surprised. It is pretty enjoyable. It's not great, but it's pretty good, and probably not as bad as most think it is. The graphics, as you can all tell, aren't great, thats never really mattered to me, but to some it does. I will say the atmosphere is wonderful. I have a decent surround sound system and the sounds, and music make this game very tense. I did once jump and yell "sh*t" outloud like an idiot, and I rarely do this in games. I like the overall idea of this game, but won't deny that it could of been executed a lot better then this. I do feel that the blunt weapons don't have variety besides a normal hit and a hard hit. I wish for a bit more detailed zombie head smashing here! Overall I think it's a good game, and I can see plenty of you enjoying it, and plenty of you hating it. It's basically a hit or miss for sure, and its a hit for me. It's a bit shallow and maybe not worth the 50$ pricing. 40 and under would be a good deal deff. In my personal opinion/review for the 2hrs so far 7/10. We will see if it changed down the line. Any questions let me know, I am not biased, and will give you honest feedback.

onlywhispers

I'm guessing there's no multiplayer so that might be why it is $10 cheaper than most games.

#5 Posted by geosurface (36 posts) -

I agree with the OP in this thread, completely.

It's not amazing, but it is better than you're going to hear people claiming. And better than the major review sites' scores will indicate.

It would be worth picking up when it gets cheaper, really.

#6 Posted by sykotic91 (11 posts) -
Comes out in UK tomorrow haven't played it yet but im going to give it a chance, it really annoys me when folk go too much into reviews rather than playing it for themselves. Each to their own opinion.
#7 Posted by sykotic91 (11 posts) -
Perfect review.
#8 Posted by OMGMYOB (9 posts) -
Every game could be better in some way. I think that gamers are becoming too critical and harsh. I brought this game despite the bad hype. I have often experienced that game reviews are made by spoilt children who just spit the dummy because it was not the way they would have made it. I have enjoyed many games that have had bad reviews. These guys are also running down dead island which was freaking awsome. Where is the consistency?
#9 Posted by onlywhispers (243 posts) -

So finally finished(Haven't had much time due to work) so final useless/pointless opinion

Everything I first stated above. The game was fun. Again, it wasn't great. Not even near great. It's 100% not worth 50-60$ and maybe not even worth 30$. If this was an Xbox Arcade game for 15-20$ if would deff. of been better off received I think. The overall thing about a game is that it should be fun, and I had fun with it. Its beyond flawed, but nonetheless a fun game. I will be trading it in tomorrow for a pre-order of Injustice though! Lol 

#10 Posted by ALG_82 (26 posts) -

Hell yeah, I'll have to pick this up when it gets a little cheaper. Thanks for taking the time to write the first decent review I've read on this game thus far.

#11 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19510 posts) -

I am surprised that the opening thread isn't made by someone who is ranting about the reviews for this game on game sites

The same can't be said about the rest of you who posted in this thread though. You need to learn how to take different opinions.

#12 Posted by Huddo20 (2 posts) -
I've been watching some game play ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcgS508o_0s ) and Although I'm not the biggest fan of the walking dead TV series I can pretty much tell this is a failure. But if you see it as just another generic zombie shooter, you could say its worth a look at.