The Sims 2 is a great game with great new features and addictive game play.

User Rating: 9 | The Sims 2 PC
I loved the first The Sims and got EVERY expansion pack. Yes, all seven. Of course, right after that The Sims 2 comes out. I just had to have it. I grabbed a holiday edition of it and was up all night for the next few weeks glued to my computer screen. I'm tellin' you it was worth every penny.

THE GOOD:

The new graphics engine is great and more life-like than ever before. It's just perfect and I haven't had a problem with it yet.

Create-A-Sim can create any type of Sim you want. This is a huge step up from The Sims where you could only choose the clothes and the faces. Emphasis on CHOOSE. Definitely needed and definitely awesome.

Woo-Hoo (A.K.A. sex) is how Sims are made and how your Sims extend their family tree. Much more realistic but kinda weird.

Oh yeah, Sims age now too. No more you're a kid forever from The Sims. Should have been in the first one but I'll forgive you Maxis.

Creating a house is easier than ever and a lot more fun.

You can create entire neighborhoods. Yeah. On top of that Sim City 4 maps can be used as templates for those neighborhoods AND these neighborhoods can be decorated.

Game play is addictive and keeps you occupied.

THE BAD:

Create-A-Sim really only gives you customization over your Sims' faces not body. Weight can be changed but an all the way fat slidered Sim for some reason only looks over-weight not as fat as it should be.

I'm a guy so I'll just come out and say it, WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO CHANGE BREAST SIZES ON WOMEN. I realize that you know Jack Thompson would be all over Maxis if they put that in but I mean come on. It would add to the realism and honestly I just want to make Sims a lot more distinct and realistic. If it'll make you happy we will settle for allowing them to only go to size D and that's it I swear.

Obviously, expansions will follow due to missing features from The Sims expansion packs (downtown, pets, etc.). This means $$$ for me. Who has enough to pay $30 per expansion??? Obviously not me.

Creating neighborhoods and populating them with lots, homes, and businesses takes a very long time.

You'll lose sleep.

IN CONCLUSION:

The Sims 2 is and always will be one of my favorite games ever made but I cannot and will not buy all of the expansions put out at $30 a pop or the numerous $20 stuff pack things. Despite the over-expansioning if you weren't a Sims fan before, play The Sims 2 and you will be. The Sims 2 is a great game with great new features and addictive game play that tells you that only good things will come from here on out.