What a shame

#1 Posted by tgwolf (33 posts) -

Let's all take off our hats and bow our heads mourning the passage of what must have been the superb opportunity to produce a vivid and visceral dark alternate reality.

So noir, so umber, so cerebral--ALAS! mutilated and brutalized by its own adult content! What happened to the ripe fruits of bizarre aberrations, of real, nightmarish breaches in the normal reality we know? Aren't we still able to face the ghastly denizens of our own minds and razor-edged and fear-darkened imaginations? No. Not anymore. Because if the trailers I have seen were a sample of what to expect in the game, we would be in for some REAL fun! We would really be feeling adrenaline, and our brains would really be hurting as we struggle to harness our intellectual faculties in a maelstrom of sinister paradox and mind-numbing impossibilities which threaten our sanity (well, I never said such a thing was for the weak minded or the weak of stomach). But not today, not now. Not this game. Not with adult content.

If it were only possible to conjure into reality the figments of imagination there would be no match, no reckoning, nothing to challenge must less mitigate the boundless power of the imagination of an untainted mind. That day is not today, but let every polluted mind and all men fear the dawning of the day when such power becomes possible, because then we will all see the wretched inferiority of the capacity of filthy minds compared with the creative, even the intellectual capability of a mind free of that influence, truly free.

But for now, let us mourn that we cannot have such a momentous game, the type of game which redefines and quite possibly reclassifies 'virtual reaity.' Today we hang our heads and bewail our hopes, twice somber because we may never see such a prospect again in our lives...

#2 Posted by StSk8ter29 (1803 posts) -

I'm enjoying the game despite the bugs. Even Kotaku called this the 'best buggy' release for an mmo. I'm loving the atmosphere and my time casting away demons.

#3 Posted by kaealy (1466 posts) -

I'm enjoying the game despite the bugs. Even Kotaku called this the 'best buggy' release for an mmo. I'm loving the atmosphere and my time casting away demons.

StSk8ter29
Agreed.
#4 Posted by vigorm0rtis (1 posts) -

Honestly, I think the setting was wasted on a MMO. MMOs are largely void of narrative by default, this world had potential.

#5 Posted by rudrick (17 posts) -

StSk8ter29

I don't know what about they talking,what bugs ,for me only buged was MiB mission but funcon solve that fast .(dont know about transylvania,not here yet)

In few misssions i am think they are buged but bug was in my brain ,game is fine

#6 Posted by WaveyDL (11 posts) -

Honestly, I think the setting was wasted on a MMO. MMOs are largely void of narrative by default, this world had potential.

vigorm0rtis

Try the game. There's more narrative in this MMO than some single player games I've played and there is more is to be added on a regular basis. Plenty of cut scenes and a long story arc that's based around your character.

I have to say I'm enjoying this game despite some annoying bugs.

It's young and fun and isn't that what we all want ;)

#7 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

[QUOTE="vigorm0rtis"]Honestly, I think the setting was wasted on a MMO. MMOs are largely void of narrative by default, this world had potential.

WaveyDL

Try the game. There's more narrative in this MMO than some single player games I've played and there is more is to be added on a regular basis. Plenty of cut scenes and a long story arc that's based around your character.

I have to say I'm enjoying this game despite some annoying bugs.

It's young and fun and isn't that what we all want ;)

I kinda agree I am not much of a mmo player because I don't care for the controls in mmo's, but TSW is the best mmo that I have played. The story seems great, and it is alot of fun even though I still don't care for the controls.

This would have been alot better as a regular rpg that could last 100+ hours of gameplay on consoles and on pc. I say that because the story in TSW is different and soo unique that this should have been a regular rpg.

#8 Posted by Bishop-282 (2 posts) -
chill the f*** out dude you have WAY to much time on your hands to be writing Shakespearean gamespot reviews ...yes the game is buggy ,,,, no it can't compete with all of our imaginations (yours obviously being the most disturbed seeing as TSW with all its oddities doesn' t satisfy you) BUT it is a great game and for people that complain about the gfx , get a new rig cause when you crank up the gfx all the way with dx11 it is amazing . The no-class build your own character however the hell you want to is awesome, how you can mesh any 2 skills together and make them work without being U.P . this game has alot of potential and it is working, the story , the factions , the gloomy urban legend/horror type world that funcom created for us to play in is innovative and the first of its kind . so to bash this game because it doesn't meet your F***** up standards of a F***** up imagination is just slanderous filth.... get a new comp, play for more than an hour and tell me whats up then