User Rating: 9.3 | The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Limited Edition) GC
Wind Waker, while not perfect, manages to capture that highly elusive and impossible-to-define ‘fun factor.’ In fact, the game offers up some good advice right from the start. On Outset Island one of the NPCs has a bunch of notes tacked on the wall warning you not to play the game day and night – a hard thing not to do as you are quickly drawn into the world and captivated by the Zelda-ish sense of adventure and rewards around every corner. What I like about this particular incarnation of Zelda is the consistency of the world presentation and the ability to control one’s vantage point more easily when compared with Ocarina of Time. In Ocarina, I never liked how the camera was ‘locked’ into a certain perspective – I felt this made the experience of the game-world disjointed and inconsistent. Another example, the camera in Ocarina many times wouldn’t position itself right, making it sometimes frustrating to ‘see.’ In WW these issues are thankfully gone, adding to my ability to be immersed into the game.