Extremely fun combat utilizing the wii remote plus and a lengthy story. But is more always better?

User Rating: 9 | The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword WII
Skyward sword, I have to say, may be my favorite zelda game since OOT. Most of that can be attributed to controls. The 1:1 sword fighting is extremely fun, and adds a bit of challenge and change to a series that was arguably going stale.

The story starts off very strong, and has some funny pop culture references (groose) to boot. The music is very emotional and some tracks will be stuck in your head for days.

There are some new RPG elements, like item upgrades and a customizable pouch, which are always welcome. The item shop owner is hysterical, and the banker is a flirt. These little things add a lot of personality to skyloft.

There are 3 areas where the majority of your adventuring takes place, and you revisit them over and over, making for a lengthy, but tiring adventure. By the end you just want to finish up, or at least experience a new environment. This is a good example of why "more is not always better". While I found that a bit disappointing, it was no way enough for me to have a bad opinion of the game.

Skyward Sword is excellent in almost every way, and was a very ambitious, and successful addition to the Zelda franchise.