(Spoilers) Ellie's Fear

#1 Posted by DarthJoe77 (21 posts) -

Hi all,

This is somthing i noticed on my second playthrogh awhile ago but just came back to me.

So when Ellie and Joel have met Sam and Henry. Sam asks ellie why she never is afraid. She replies saying scorpions, i assume that is a joke as she then gose on to say she is afriad of been on her own. but then when Ellie and Joel are at the universaty Ellie asks Joel what he wanted to be when he grow up and he says a singer. Then Ellie moves on to say if things where still normal she would have wanted to be an astronaut and follows that by saying, "can you imagein being up there all by your self it would be cool"

That just dose not make any scence. If her biggest fear is to be on her own why would she want to be an astronaut and think it to be cool to be up there on her own.

Is this just a mistake they never noticed when making the game? or do you think she wanted to be an astronaut befoe she got the fear of been alone?

#2 Posted by 360army (46 posts) -
I never noticed that, I think she is afraid of being alone because of how the world was, killer fungus, murderers, post-apocalyptic; she said that if everything was cool and normal.
#3 Posted by inuyashagalo (63 posts) -
Yeah, I noticed that on my second playthrough too. I guess they missed that. And we didn't get Joel singing! Come on ND.
#4 Posted by DarthJoe77 (21 posts) -

I never noticed that, I think she is afraid of being alone because of how the world was, killer fungus, murderers, post-apocalyptic; she said that if everything was cool and normal.360army

maybe you have a point there.

Yeah, I noticed that on my second playthrough too. I guess they missed that. And we didn't get Joel singing! Come on ND.inuyashagalo

i know come on joel give us a song lol

#5 Posted by dedjr (3 posts) -

Maybe Joel will sing for us in the sequels. They have already registered The Last of Us 2 & 3.

#6 Edited by Static_C (486 posts) -

I don't think that was an error. I interpreted Ellie's fear as not wanting to END up alone. It isn't that she's afraid of BEING alone; she's quite strong and capable of taking care of herself. She doesn't want to be alone in the world/in her life, ie have no one, no friends/family/love. This is a fear that many people face in society. You may be around people every day of your life but still feel alone if you have no meaningful relationships. I believe that was what Ellie meant. She could be up in space as an astronaut but as long as there is someone who loves her back on Earth she isn't really alone in her life.