Action Or Adventure?

#1 Posted by Vodoo (1755 posts) -

I never played the PS3 version of this game. So the PS4 version is my first experience with this game. I figured I'd start off playing from the HARD difficulty level. I've been playing for about 5 hours or so, but I'm going super slow because I check EVERYWHERE for supplies. Not to mention that I almost always walk around crouched everywhere so I don't inadvertently announce my presence to the infected.

I just met the guy that booby-traps his own town. That's where I left off, in his bar.

My question is, is this game considered an adventure game? Because there are long sections you continually go through where there aren't any enemies. I suppose it adds to the tension because you don't know where the enemies are. But aside from the clicker sections and scripted areas, I haven't come across many enemies in the wild.

Does it stay at this pace or does it get more action oriented further along? I'm not complaining at all. I'm just curious. I like the game so far but wouldn't say it's awesome just yet. It looks absolutely GORGEOUS though.