Gamespot didn't tell us the MP is broken

#1 Posted by skinnyd69 (392 posts) -

I've owned this game since launch, and while I do enjoy it a lot, the multi-player is utterly broken right now. BE WARNED!

Furthermore, it seems troubling to me that GS wouldn't even mention the fact that MP sessions end within minutes nearly 100% of the time because one or more players cannot move after entering a portal. Sometimes teleporting fixes it, other times it does not. Gamespot would have definitely encountered this problem if they would have actually played an MP session. Seems like they just opened the MP browser and saw how sparsely it was populated, and that's it.

Make no mistake, this is a great title for $14.99, ESPECIALLY for Torchlight and Diablo fans, but don't expect a bug free game, and don't expect MP to work until they patched it. Forgive this post if there has been a patch released since this morning (Friday May 31), but as of last night, MP was still buggy as hell and basically broken.

I'm actually rather disappointed in Neocore for launching a game with broken MP right off the bat, but hey, for $15 you can't expect TOO much. Still though, if I would've known MP was broken, I would have waited until after it was fixed.

#2 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19511 posts) -

Have you considered the possibility that the problem may not be due to the game's designs?

#3 Posted by skinnyd69 (392 posts) -

It was a Steam issue, actually, not the game. Luckily, the patches have fixed it -- although it took several attempts.

I'm still rather disappointed that a title was allowed to launch on Steam in a broken state. Who can I blame for that?

#4 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19511 posts) -

It was a Steam issue, actually, not the game. Luckily, the patches have fixed it -- although it took several attempts.

I'm still rather disappointed that a title was allowed to launch on Steam in a broken state. Who can I blame for that?

skinnyd69

You just said it was a "Steam issue" instead of the game, and then complained about a Steam title launching in a broken state.

Really, make up your mind. :?