What skyrim lacks or flaws?

#1 Posted by Capia (82 posts) -

I personally think skyrim lacks variety of armor+weapons(I always end up just using the same equipment for hours), more kill animations and a sense of accomplishment or glory(In oblivion every one thought you were a badass), I sorta wish that food or sleep had more meaning like fallouts NV hardcoremode, character+dialogue that i give a **** about and obviously more interesting quests. I look back at oblivion and remember the fun i had with it, I remembered being more appealed to it(except dungeons were the same and combat got boring eventually)but it lacks lively enviorment like skyrim but interactions with the character were better, then again I'm comparing Skyrim to a game I haven't played for years. So I'm just curious on other peoples thoughts. One more thing I love skyrim I just think it should have a little more features or content for veteran players running 30+ or multiple characters. 

#2 Posted by NiKva (8768 posts) -
Lack of magic variety in shops unless you go to the College.
#3 Posted by Sigil77 (300 posts) -

I agree with OP. There should be more variety in the equipment we can get to use.

#4 Posted by NiKva (8768 posts) -
Oh and there's also a severe lack of ambushes when you walk on the road. I wish there were a few more thieves who stopped you.
#5 Posted by rabunzel (256 posts) -
(spoiler): It lacks an ending in my opinion, I hate how you return to skyrim after defeating Alduin to continue doing fetching quests. I mean why doesn't anyone care that you just saved the world? At least the jarl should've thanked you, he last saw you riding a dragon, doesn't he wonder what happened? Besides I feel like the dragonborn doesn't have a rule, He should be the highking of skyrim, then that would end the civil war too. In the civil war quest it doesn't matter which side you choose you'd be just doing their bidding. Why can't you take the place of the leader instead of serving them. When I played this game and heard people talking about Talos I thought maybe the dragonborn would be like him in the end. But no, not God, not leader. yeah I think that what the game lacks: the hero should have an authority or some appreciation at least.
#6 Posted by PAL360 (26842 posts) -

Too easy in every aspect, even on the hardest difficulty levels. Here some examples:

Every time i explore a dungeon, i find gold and loot enough to buy a house. Important/magical loot should be really rare, gold is also too ambundant, and there should be items incredibler expensive. Something you could buy only after like 150 hours playing the game.

The level scaling makes every encounter too easy aswell. There should be places close to impossible to beat until you are level 40, or so.

Night should be more dangerous. Some creatures (vampires, ghosts, werewolves, etc), should be more powerful, unpredictable and active, at night, to the point you feel the need to go through roads or to pay to spend the night in an inn.

#7 Posted by Slinqy (244 posts) -
[QUOTE="rabunzel"](spoiler): It lacks an ending in my opinion, I hate how you return to skyrim after defeating Alduin to continue doing fetching quests. I mean why doesn't anyone care that you just saved the world? At least the jarl should've thanked you, he last saw you riding a dragon, doesn't he wonder what happened? Besides I feel like the dragonborn doesn't have a rule, He should be the highking of skyrim, then that would end the civil war too. In the civil war quest it doesn't matter which side you choose you'd be just doing their bidding. Why can't you take the place of the leader instead of serving them. When I played this game and heard people talking about Talos I thought maybe the dragonborn would be like him in the end. But no, not God, not leader. yeah I think that what the game lacks: the hero should have an authority or some appreciation at least.

I agree. In the end you have all this power and success, and you can't use it. You'd think the Dragonborn, who just defeated Alduin and Miraak, and is also the Listener, Thieves Guild Master, Nightingale, Harbinger, and Archmage, would be able to walk up at the end and claim lordship over Skyrim. Who's going to stop you? But instead you get passive gratitude for your great deeds and they ultimately don't make much of a difference in the life of the Dragonborn. So you're the Listener... so you're the Archmage... What's all the power and status mean if I can't use it for something greater?
#8 Posted by BatmanBacon (9 posts) -
What skyrim really lacks is the ability to be you. Dialogue blows, there should certainly be more options. Also, what it lacks is flow. I've never beaten the main story line because my character is way OP by the time I get around to it and it's boring because the story is pretty awful. I have over 200 hours doing side quests and factions, but not the main plot line. On my current character I haven't seen the grey beards yet. There really should be a better story, or, at the very least, one that has more to offer. Once you're Thane of Whiterun you're set because you have a house to store all of your things and you can go off from there. The flow is missing. I struggle to find something to do after I complete a faction's quest line. I realize this is completely disorganized and I do apologize, just a bit of a rant.