what are some good ways to get mage gear?

#1 Posted by rawrB (627 posts) -

im a level 8 and trying to make my playthrough (first play through) as mage focused as possible. iv got to white run then went on the carrige to the collage to start the quest lines there as i thought it would be a good idea as it was a mage school or so i think.

im half way through that quest line and really struggling on a certain part (cant remeber the name sorry) and i thnk its due to gear i have sucking i have robes of destruction and try to use as much destruction spells as i can. i can use one handed weapons a bit as well. is there any where i can get a good one handed or better gear ? mechanical spiders keep owning me

#2 Posted by SgtSutton (358 posts) -

Try getting boosting gear (gives you more magic/health/recovery time) also for one handed weapon for a mage i recommend conjur blade or whatever, it gives you both conjure skill and one handed skill

#3 Posted by rawrB (627 posts) -

Try getting boosting gear (gives you more magic/health/recovery time) also for one handed weapon for a mage i recommend conjur blade or whatever, it gives you both conjure skill and one handed skill

SgtSutton

were can i get those ??

#4 Posted by Thrippa (1799 posts) -
Bound Sword is a Novice spell that conjures a sword into your hand; you'll need to buy the book or find it somewhere. Higher level versions allow you to conjure battleaxes or bows. The stat-boosting gear is either found as loot or purchased, and can be broken down so you can enchant your own gear, preferably with some enchanting perks.
#5 Posted by SgtSutton (358 posts) -

Bound Sword is a Novice spell that conjures a sword into your hand; you'll need to buy the book or find it somewhere. Higher level versions allow you to conjure battleaxes or bows. The stat-boosting gear is either found as loot or purchased, and can be broken down so you can enchant your own gear, preferably with some enchanting perks.Thrippa

Exactley, most everything can be found in the College of Windhelm