Stormcloaks or Imperials?

#1 Posted by NoFearNot (14 posts) -

Just wondering if players from Scandinavia etc., chose Stormcloaks and people from Brtian etc., chose Imperials.  I am neither but yet to decide which one to chose, specially after I obtained the Jagged Crown and trying to find ways to keep it.  Initially I had taken the oath of the Stormcloaks to start this quest though later on I realized I keep beating the **** out of Hadvar to up my level, ( poor guy ) and now that he bled for me, I feel it proper to side with him. He also looks a bit like Arny, lol.  Your thoughts?

#2 Posted by matthewzguitarz (11 posts) -

My first play through was an orc stormcloak, I thought the stormcloaks were right, then I realized that uflric is just a power hungry racist jerk. Sure it is bad that the imperials are in their homeland, but, the imperials offer more protection than the stormcloaks. I will choose imperials if I ever bother with the civil war again.

I really think that ulfric needs to be brought down, then the thalmor need to be pushed out of skyrim, after that the imperials need to attack the thalmors homeland.

#3 Posted by NoFearNot (14 posts) -

Right, so now I have accepted Ulfric's quest and got the Jagged crown and want to hand over to Imperials. However I cannot remove it from my inventory as it says "quest items cannot be removed", which means I cannot reverse pickpocket.  Any idea on how to do this? I read many suggestions and tried them but can't seem to remove the item unless I handover to Ulfric.

#4 Posted by Slinqy (244 posts) -
When I first played the game I sided with the Stormcloaks as well. But there's a few things you have to come to understand before you make an educated decision. First of all, Skyrim is not the Nord's original homeland. They've been there for a long time, but it is not originally theirs. So all of Ulfric's propaganda about Skyrim being for only Nords is a bunch of bullcrap. Tiber Septim forged the Empire for universal peace, not for racial superiority. Two, one of Ulfric's rallying causes for his rebellion is the fact that the Empire surrendered to the Aldmeri Dominion and is accepting the consequence of banning Talos worship. While this would be hard to swallow, it saves the Empire and its people from annihilation. By opposing the Empire and causing internal strife he is putting everyone else at risk, since the Aldmeri Dominion could finish the Empire off by creating a second front on Imperial borders in Skyrim. These things considered, Ulfric just comes off as a man who hungers for more power. He's ambitious, but seems selfish and inconsiderate. The Empire benefits Skyrim's people more than Ulfric's rebellion.
#5 Posted by matthewzguitarz (11 posts) -

When I first played the game I sided with the Stormcloaks as well. But there's a few things you have to come to understand before you make an educated decision. First of all, Skyrim is not the Nord's original homeland. They've been there for a long time, but it is not originally theirs. So all of Ulfric's propaganda about Skyrim being for only Nords is a bunch of bullcrap. Tiber Septim forged the Empire for universal peace, not for racial superiority. Two, one of Ulfric's rallying causes for his rebellion is the fact that the Empire surrendered to the Aldmeri Dominion and is accepting the consequence of banning Talos worship. While this would be hard to swallow, it saves the Empire and its people from annihilation. By opposing the Empire and causing internal strife he is putting everyone else at risk, since the Aldmeri Dominion could finish the Empire off by creating a second front on Imperial borders in Skyrim. These things considered, Ulfric just comes off as a man who hungers for more power. He's ambitious, but seems selfish and inconsiderate. The Empire benefits Skyrim's people more than Ulfric's rebellion.Slinqy

Put that very well, that is another reason I hate him. Plus, wasn't it like the snow elves were the first in skyrim, then the dwemer, then the nords.

#6 Posted by RedAlert8 (50 posts) -
I joined the Stormcloaks. Mainly because one of my friends told to. Afterwards I figured out he lied to me. He said, "If you join the imperials they'll tell to F***ing do the most retarded mission in the game!". Well I fell for that. :P Still I'm not that mad at him. But the most ironic thing about me joining the Stormcloaks is that my chacter is Imperial. Huh. Go figures for me. EPIC FAIL SUPER BOWL! HALF OF THE STADIUM HAS LOST POWER! WHAT THE F***! Well I'll just watch AFV until the power is back on...
#7 Posted by RedAlert8 (50 posts) -
Hold up a second I just relized that this is UK. Well I'm american so really I posted this at 8:00 p.m. LOL
#8 Posted by NoFearNot (14 posts) -

Thank you guys for your comments, appreciate them, especially Slingy's epic. Yesterday tried to talk to the General and there was an option for me to handover the crown to him, so maybe I will do that. :)