Skyrim would have been MUCH better if Bethesda had done this

#1 Posted by 9a3iqa (62 posts) -

I have played Skyrim twice and think its a great game. But without mods (I have 100+ mods installed) I reckon it would have been a dull-ish game with a repetitive and sandboxed feel.

Here is my big complaint:

Immersion is broken by many flaws:

There are many things which happen in this game that break the immersion. Things such as the story assuming you are a nord even if you are not, for example being an Argonian and being allowed into Windhelm when Argonians are not supposed to be allowed in and seeing people complain about Argonians in front of you and talking to you as if you are a nord. This is irittating because if I choose a certain race I want to feel like that race!

Other things which break the immersion are things such as people not developing relationships with you for example when I helped Ulfric and his stormcloaks rule Skyrim and went about my business for a long time I decided to go back to visit him only to be told "What do you want? Make it quick". Is it so hard to make him be happy to see you after such a long time and to make new lines for that? It's like he barely knew me. There should be three relationship states for NPC's Unfamiliar, Familiar and Friend with each one having it's own lines. That would have been much more immersive.

I really hope Bethesda see this and make sure to take these points into consideration when they make the next Elder Scrolls game.

Do you agree? And what do you think could have made Skyrim better?

#2 Posted by COLLIER4949 (2 posts) -
How about fixing all of the garbage bugs for us who play the Xbox 360? I wrote this what do you think? I have been playing Bethesda games starting with my first Fallout 3. Now the point I am making is this. Why do we as the people who spend sicking amounts of money buying games from a company that does not seem to care about us the consumers? They have not a clue how completely frustrating it is to have a game that is broke before it even goes into our Xbox's PS3s or the PC! Skyrim is the worst yet! I have with all of the DLC's spent well over $170.00 for a BROKEN GAME!!!! This is what I do not understand, why is it that a game that is such a work of art such a piece of crap due to the crashes, NPC's getting stuck or lost, quest being unable to be completed because of an NPC that turns hostile or just does not show up at all. I am on my 7th game because of crashes! When will enough be enough? I know that I do not speak for everyone when I say this will most likely be the last Bethesda game I ever buy unless they really fix all of these problems! I also think they should go back and send patches for Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and The ES 3 Oblivion instead of wasting our time by dropping Doom 3 BFG?? I love Skyrim I really do but the crashes NEED TO BE FIXED!!!! I hope this 1.9 patch will do the trick but I doubt it! Bethesda PLEASE WAKE UP YOU ARE SCREWING US AND WE ARE SICK OF IT!!!! Maybe they will fix this garbage? I for one am disgusted with all of it!!!!!
#3 Posted by 9a3iqa (62 posts) -

How about fixing all of the garbage bugs for us who play the Xbox 360? I wrote this what do you think? I have been playing Bethesda games starting with my first Fallout 3. Now the point I am making is this. Why do we as the people who spend sicking amounts of money buying games from a company that does not seem to care about us the consumers? They have not a clue how completely frustrating it is to have a game that is broke before it even goes into our Xbox's PS3s or the PC! Skyrim is the worst yet! I have with all of the DLC's spent well over $170.00 for a BROKEN GAME!!!! This is what I do not understand, why is it that a game that is such a work of art such a piece of crap due to the crashes, NPC's getting stuck or lost, quest being unable to be completed because of an NPC that turns hostile or just does not show up at all. I am on my 7th game because of crashes! When will enough be enough? I know that I do not speak for everyone when I say this will most likely be the last Bethesda game I ever buy unless they really fix all of these problems! I also think they should go back and send patches for Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and The ES 3 Oblivion instead of wasting our time by dropping Doom 3 BFG?? I love Skyrim I really do but the crashes NEED TO BE FIXED!!!! I hope this 1.9 patch will do the trick but I doubt it! Bethesda PLEASE WAKE UP YOU ARE SCREWING US AND WE ARE SICK OF IT!!!! Maybe they will fix this garbage? I for one am disgusted with all of it!!!!! COLLIER4949

wow......

You seriously need to chill out dude, I have played Skyrim on PC and Xbox 360 and the glitches are no way near as frequent and as common as you make it out to be. I have encountered less than 10 glitches on my 100+ hours of playing this HUGE game. You have to understand that when you have such a large world with so much going on it makes it very hard to be completely glitch free. I think Bethesda have done a fantastic job at ironing out the glitches and the game is very playable and not broken at all.

#4 Posted by williebazerka (305 posts) -
I also have Skyrim on pc with mods and love it.I loved it without mods but with is even better.I feel bad when gamers talk about the problems they have with Skyrim but I think alot of the problems is the aging consoles.I've never had anything major on the pc version but gamers should be able to play if it's released on there console of choice.But about what you said.When I play open world games I usually just do my own thing and don't really pay attention to the story.I go and do the missions the npc's tell me too but usually I just walk around/explore and fight.I think part of the problems you noticed like the argonian being allowed in has to do with stories in open world games.Since you can go anywhere and do anything that has to be taken into account story wise and it might be tricky.I do agree when you go back to a character they should remember you and what you did for/or to them.Definately adds to the immersion.I would like to see Bethesda improve on the combat.I never had a problem with it but after playing Dark Souls and seeing what it could be it made me want it improved in The Elder Scrolls.What are some of the mods you have?
#5 Posted by williebazerka (305 posts) -
Why would you spend so much money on dlc if the game is so broken for you? I don't understand how some gamers have no problems and others do?
#6 Posted by bamfqt (2 posts) -
If you're modding Skyrim and getting problems... it's all you. I had a lot of problems when I started modding it and I was so frustrated, after that I started doing it right and fixing the problems like they're supposed to be fixed. Never have I gotten problems on my Skyrim anymore.
#7 Posted by shaunchgo (4605 posts) -
So you played the game twice and purchased DLC ... even though you claim the game is broken? I wouldn't purchase DLC for a broken game. It doesn't make sense at all.
#8 Posted by Mercenary19 (1278 posts) -
QFT. The bugs are irritating. I can list mine (Xbox 360): Serana is gone. Not at Castle Volikhar/Fort Dawnguard. Not spawning back after waiting. The Forsworn Conspiracy LOL this one has existed since day one of release. Still has not been fixed. The guard doesn't return or something weird. But I can't complete it based on the quest marker. Collect bounty from Skald. Find Red Eagle's sword...I have about 20 of them. Ask Aldis for information about Angeline's daughter. Wait for Brelyna's spell to wear off...wtf I never got hit by a spell. [QUOTE="COLLIER4949"]How about fixing all of the garbage bugs for us who play the Xbox 360? I wrote this what do you think? I have been playing Bethesda games starting with my first Fallout 3. Now the point I am making is this. Why do we as the people who spend sicking amounts of money buying games from a company that does not seem to care about us the consumers? They have not a clue how completely frustrating it is to have a game that is broke before it even goes into our Xbox's PS3s or the PC! Skyrim is the worst yet! I have with all of the DLC's spent well over $170.00 for a BROKEN GAME!!!! This is what I do not understand, why is it that a game that is such a work of art such a piece of crap due to the crashes, NPC's getting stuck or lost, quest being unable to be completed because of an NPC that turns hostile or just does not show up at all. I am on my 7th game because of crashes! When will enough be enough? I know that I do not speak for everyone when I say this will most likely be the last Bethesda game I ever buy unless they really fix all of these problems! I also think they should go back and send patches for Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and The ES 3 Oblivion instead of wasting our time by dropping Doom 3 BFG?? I love Skyrim I really do but the crashes NEED TO BE FIXED!!!! I hope this 1.9 patch will do the trick but I doubt it! Bethesda PLEASE WAKE UP YOU ARE SCREWING US AND WE ARE SICK OF IT!!!! Maybe they will fix this garbage? I for one am disgusted with all of it!!!!!