Skyrim is wrong

#1 Posted by HowBoutDemPats (2 posts) -
When I install Skyrim it detects my hardware and sets the graphics to High but my computer can't run it on High settings, is Skyrim wrong or does my computer suck or did I download something that reduces my computers effectiveness/speed? Computer Specs Manufacturer: Acer Model: Aspire M3970G Rating: 5 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00 GHz 2.99 GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type: 64-bit Operating System Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch Input is available for this display I'm probably going to ask for a new graphics card and I'm wondering if that'll help or if I need more RAM or what, I just want it to run at like 40-50 fps on Ultra settings and I'm wondering what else this computer needs, any help will be appreciated greatly :)
#2 Posted by Frosty192 (1054 posts) -

Do you have a dedicated card or integrated? If you get a new card more than likely you are going to need to upgrade your power supply since it is probably only a 350 watt. If you're on a budget grab a GTX 560ti and at LEAST a 600-850 watt power supply just for expandibility.