Sick to death with Steam.

#1 Posted by DarkLordBarker (105 posts) -

Okay. I have truly had it with Steam. I have uninstalled this game a few times, then reinstalled it, updated it, did all kinds of things to it. I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THE GOSHDANG SCREEN GO BLACK AS SOON I CLICK "PLAY NOW". First time I got screwed over by Steam was with Stronghold 3 and I spent $60 Skyrim. I am more than likely going to take Skyrim back if I can't get it to work.

#2 Posted by valium88 (4455 posts) -

That's sad man, yeah well.. if you can't get it to work properly that should be as good a reason for refund as any. Tried re-installing steam?

#3 Posted by DarkLordBarker (105 posts) -

How do I re-install steam?

#4 Posted by DarkLordBarker (105 posts) -

I think I did it before but I can't remember how.

#5 Posted by DarkLordBarker (105 posts) -

I uninstalled Steam and reinstalled it. I installed Skyrim, AGAIN and it still didn't work. To the Steam forums. (Insert 1960's Batman theme song here).

#6 Posted by DarkLordBarker (105 posts) -

I put a video on youtube of what all happens when I try to play a game on Steam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjpWiArX68U

#7 Posted by JJMikhail (544 posts) -

What's your spec? What version of Windows are you running? Home, Pro, Ultimate?

Sounds bad you might need to reinstall Windows, try reinstalling the driver for your graphics card or revert back.

#8 Posted by DarkLordBarker (105 posts) -

I got it to work. MSE detected no viruses, but when I downloaded and installed Norton 360, I ran a virus scan and found two viruses. Not only that, but when I took care of the viruses, I was able to play not only Skyrim, but also Stronghold 3 and my Sims Medieval game and Pirates and Nobles expansion.