graphic flicker in skyrim, will this do harm to my computer?

#1 Posted by darkeye50 (383 posts) -

i have graphic flicker in skyrim but it is not that bad. i can ignore it.

will this harm my computer?

should i find a solution for it ?

i run this game on ultra high ( the game select it for me)

is this the game problem or my computer problem?

i think everything is up to date  driver ,window update 

#2 Posted by NiKva (8768 posts) -
Have you tried running the game on a lower setting and see if it stops?
#3 Posted by darkeye50 (383 posts) -

can u plz answer if it will harm my computer?

it is flicker only outside dungeon, but  it is not that bad . it just a sec flicker

i test my computer with can you run it  and my computer is way above recoomend level

#4 Posted by Niner0 (1601 posts) -

can u plz answer if it will harm my computer?

it is flicker only outside dungeon, but  it is not that bad . it just a sec flicker

i test my computer with can you run it  and my computer is way above recoomend level

darkeye50
What do you mean by flicker? Does the whole screen go black, or are there graphical anomalies? This could possibly mean that your graphics card is running too hot or is about to give up on you.
#5 Posted by darkeye50 (383 posts) -

my whole screen doesnt go dark or graphic anormalites

When i am outside, and i look far away to the mountain, sometime i can see tree flcikering

sometime the flickering( undescriable shape ) is just happen in 1 sec on my screen

is this game fault or my graphic card fault?

note

i can run bf3 on ultra high setting.

it NEVER flciker insside dungeon, cave,house or anything that me inside. it only flciker outside

my graphic card is radeon HD 7800 SERIES

i turn off antialsing and antisotrpic which doesnt help.

my video card driver is up to date.

#6 Posted by Niner0 (1601 posts) -

my whole screen doesnt go dark or graphic anormalites

When i am outside, and i look far away to the mountain, sometime i can see tree flcikering

sometime the flickering( undescriable shape ) is just happen in 1 sec on my screen

is this game fault or my graphic card fault?

note

i can run bf3 on ultra high setting.

it NEVER flciker insside dungeon, cave,house or anything that me inside. it only flciker outside

my graphic card is radeon HD 7800 SERIES

i turn off antialsing and antisotrpic which doesnt help.

my video card driver is up to date.

darkeye50
Well, that "flickering" is a graphical anomaly caused by overheat/corrupt textures/damaged drivers. I gather this is the only game you are experiencing this issue in, it's probably not driver or heat related. Try repairing the game cache of Skyrim, and if that doesn't work, try reinstalling it. Just to be certain, check your GPU temp while playing. Are you overclocking the card? That can also 'cause graphical anomalies, even if it's not overheating.
#7 Posted by darkeye50 (383 posts) -

how do u uninstall the game without deleteing save file?

i think my gpu is overlocked How do u check it?

my tempsure while playing game is about

44c - 50c

i only have issue with this game only!! it has to be game fult dont u think?

what your suggestion?

#8 Posted by xHasten (3 posts) -
I had to make an account just to tell you this. OP, we have the exact same graphics card. It took ages to finally fix this flickering problem. I edited INI's, uninstalled/reinstalled the game, Back-dated to previous driver, you name it. What finally fixed it was getting the driver back from March, 2012. It's available for download here: http://www.siliconguide.com/drivers/device/2395/ It's a safe download, I assure you. Just get the right one for your OS. Download, install, restart your computer if you'd like (I didn't) And this should fix your problem. In my opinion, this was a stable driver version, so you shouldn't have any problems running other games. Good luck, hope this is as effective for you as it was for me.
#9 Posted by darkeye50 (383 posts) -

I had to make an account just to tell you this. OP, we have the exact same graphics card. It took ages to finally fix this flickering problem. I edited INI's, uninstalled/reinstalled the game, Back-dated to previous driver, you name it. What finally fixed it was getting the driver back from March, 2012. It's available for download here: http://www.siliconguide.com/drivers/device/2395/ It's a safe download, I assure you. Just get the right one for your OS. Download, install, restart your computer if you'd like (I didn't) And this should fix your problem. In my opinion, this was a stable driver version, so you shouldn't have any problems running other games. Good luck, hope this is as effective for you as it was for me.xHasten

i am cool with flicker problem, but do u think it will harm my computer?

what would happen to my current driver version if i download the one that u link to me?

can i upgrade back to my current version if i download the one that u link to me? will it be difficult for me to do it? iam no good at comp

anyway THANk YOU ! FOR HELPING ME

#10 Posted by xHasten (3 posts) -
It shouldn't harm your computer. While I was experiencing the flicker problem my temp meters never went above 32c, which is normal. If at any time you want to go back to the current drivers, just run the driver update utility from AMD. EDIT > Sorry, I kinda missed your second to last post. Those are really high temp readings. Right click on your desktop >> "Catalyst Control Center" >> Performance >> AMD OverDrive >> (If there's some confirmation, click "Accept" >> Uncheck the box that's labelled "Enable Graphics Overdrive" That will make sure that your GPU isn't overclocking. If you still think that it's running to hot, switch your power settings from "High Performance" to "Balanced". If you've messed with the defaults, make sure you revert them both back to the default settings.
#11 Posted by darkeye50 (383 posts) -

It shouldn't harm your computer. While I was experiencing the flicker problem my temp meters never went above 32c, which is normal. If at any time you want to go back to the current drivers, just run the driver update utility from AMD. EDIT > Sorry, I kinda missed your second to last post. Those are really high temp readings. Right click on your desktop >> "Catalyst Control Center" >> Performance >> AMD OverDrive >> (If there's some confirmation, click "Accept" >> Uncheck the box that's labelled "Enable Graphics Overdrive" That will make sure that your GPU isn't overclocking. If you still think that it's running to hot, switch your power settings from "High Performance" to "Balanced". If you've messed with the defaults, make sure you revert them both back to the default settings.xHasten

i have catalyst control center install. how can i run the drvier update utility from AMD?

you really think 44 to 50 is a high temperature ? i read on internet it is not considered high...

#12 Posted by xHasten (3 posts) -

you really think 44 to 50 is a high temperature ? i read on internet it is not considered high...

darkeye50
I suppose it's not, but we have the same graphics card and mine has never gotten above 37c. But I may have a better cooling system than you. Anyways, Just go to AMD's support section of their website. If you google "AMD driver updates" you should find it. From there you can get the latest drivers.
#14 Posted by darkeye50 (383 posts) -

wow no more flciker anymore ....... maybe a little bit almost unnoticeable 

THANK ALOT!