GPU temp problem.

#1 Posted by lmJacksAccount (97 posts) -

Hi. I am running an ASUS GeForce GTX 670 Direct CU II TOP 2GB and when I play Skyrim on the Ultra pre-set on a resolution no farther than 1680x1050, my GPU temps rise to a max 75 even with my fan speed manually set to the fastest speed. This results in noise I could live without but my biggest gripe is the lag spikes it gives me. It even rises to 80+ when playing Star Wars: The Old Republic with shadows and AA on, resulting in lower performance, more noise and perhaps deterioation of the graphics card over time?

I would like for my GPU temps to stay below 70, not nessecerily comfortably below 70 but no higher than it. 

My question is, could a thing such as an old processor result in over the top GPU temps? I am not a tech savvy but I try to get by, so I apologize for any inane or dumb questions. But I would like to get a second opinion.

My processor is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20ghZ 3.20GHz and according to my system information in the control panel I have 6GB installed ram on a 64-bit operative system.

If you require any additional information about my system, ask and I will try and provide.

Thank you for reading my topic.