False Advertisement from Bethesda

#1 Posted by ArianAvenger (32 posts) -

Anyone else think that it is false advertisement on Bethesda's part that they put the words "add on content" on the back of the ps3 copy of Skyrim and have no intentions of releasing anything??

#2 Posted by Voxanith (31 posts) -

No not at all... Just because PS3 owners are not getting DLC at the same time as other platforms does not mean they are lying.. It means that people should grow up and stop being lil babies and understand that Bethesda has always been loyal to the Xbox and most people do not know the history behind it but you can thank Sony for the way they acted tward Bethesda back in the morrowind days... I would be glad that Bethesda even opted to release Skyrim across platforms such as Sony trashcan ps3..

#3 Posted by MegaMatt91 (462 posts) -
You typed this on a computer... should have just bought it for that. Dont know why you wouldnt with better controls, graphics, mods.
#4 Posted by Leeric420 (53 posts) -

No not at all... Just because PS3 owners are not getting DLC at the same time as other platforms does not mean they are lying.. It means that people should grow up and stop being lil babies and understand that Bethesda has always been loyal to the Xbox and most people do not know the history behind it but you can thank Sony for the way they acted tward Bethesda back in the morrowind days... I would be glad that Bethesda even opted to release Skyrim across platforms such as Sony trashcan ps3..

Voxanith
Fanboy detected. Clearly you arent up on your skyrim news. Bethesda said they may not be able to bring dawnguard or any dlc to the ps3 at all. So yes thats false advertisement if they don't.
#5 Posted by MegaMatt91 (462 posts) -
Sony deliberately made the ps3 hard to develop for.
#6 Posted by bmart970 (86 posts) -

It's not false advertising because they have the intent to bring the DLC to the PS3, but it's not working.

#7 Posted by Slinqy (244 posts) -

It's not false advertisement yet. But it will be if they don't get their act together.

#8 Posted by MogilnyIsGod (787 posts) -

I would only consider it False Advertising if they never had any intention to release it.  I don't know how hard the PS3 is to develop for, or what's gone on between Sony and Bethesda, or any of that.  I'm sure they have a pretty good reason for not releasing it....yet.  It's not like they don't want your money.  I've seen plenty of advertisements for things that never happened.  Advertisements for video games that fell through, or movies saying "to be continued" or even going so far as to show clips from the sequel, but it doesn't happen.  It just fell through for whatever reason, not really false advertising in my mind.  Just unfortunate.  

If you don't feel like you got your money's worth out of the game, and them saying there would be DLC was a major deciding factor in buying it, then I could see how you'd feel ripped off.  But I think there's enough content included in the game that you got your $ worth out of it.  I've never even completed this game and I've probably gotten more play-time out of it than any other game.  I've had it almost a year and I'm not even to the point of where I need DLC to keep doing new things.