Those without knowledge...

#1 Posted by AllfadrOdhinn (11 posts) -
Many "die hard" Elder Scrolls "fans" have been talking about how bad an MMO will be for the series. What these people don't think about is, it's still an Elder Scrolls game. I've heard many complaints about the graphics and how you won't be able to mod, and while I understand modding adds a lot to the game, you can't say you are really great Elder Scrolls fan, if all you do is mod. Mods are fun, but aren't typically crafted by those who understand the lore, or those who have made such great games. Now the graphics, who cares about them? I mean really, graphics do not define a game, the gameplay and realism define it. If you're going to use the graphics as an example of why the game will be a generic MMO; you probably don't have the knowledge to speak on the subject. Please, read everything out there about the game, watch that developer interview, and please at least try to figure out what is actually going on before you talk about how this will be another TOR. The majority of what has been said is that this game WILL be different than the other grinding, pointless leveling, loot based MMOs out there.
#2 Posted by auctionmydog (21 posts) -

I have read quite a bit about this game.

I do respect your opinion and see your viewpoint. I especially agree on the modding topic.

However, I feel that the addition of a levelling system, dungeons, and a perpetual 'pvp zone' lends itself to grinding. Of course, we won't know until the game is released - but that is my knee jerk reaction.

#3 Posted by jrgoalie33 (217 posts) -

I am completely with you on this.  I hate when i see people putting this game down when none of us have yet to see any actual gameplay.  Sure its gonna be an mmo, but from what ive heard and read so far it looks like it has potential to be a great game, breaking away from the current mmo norm in many ways.  I also hate seeing people say just make another classic single player ES6.  Zenimax Online is making this game, not Bethesda Game Studios.  When Bethesda is ready to make ES6 they will.  

#4 Posted by aceventura2000 (1 posts) -

LOL modder do a great job at keeping their mods lore friendly. Saying they don't is a complete lie. Some modder do a better job at adding lore then the developers themselves. I can't recall one elder scrolls game that didn't have a modder add towns that were from the original Elder Scroll Arena which the dev team left out. Infact, for all my elder scrolls game I own, I have atleast one shadowscale mod for them.

Saying modding doesn't make elder scrolls is false. If it was true, steam would have never made a cleint for mods, and websites like Nexus wouldn't exist.

The truth is, modding is the hightlight of all Elder Scrolls games. Hell, it's the highlight of most Bethesda.

#5 Posted by limakokba (52 posts) -

LOL modder do a great job at keeping their mods lore friendly. Saying they don't is a complete lie. Some modder do a better job at adding lore then the developers themselves. I can't recall one elder scrolls game that didn't have a modder add towns that were from the original Elder Scroll Arena which the dev team left out. Infact, for all my elder scrolls game I own, I have atleast one shadowscale mod for them.

Saying modding doesn't make elder scrolls is false. If it was true, steam would have never made a cleint for mods, and websites like Nexus wouldn't exist.

The truth is, modding is the hightlight of all Elder Scrolls games. Hell, it's the highlight of most Bethesda.

aceventura2000

Hear, hear. QFT

#6 Posted by Eraldus (399 posts) -

aceventura2000
Because adding cars and falling trains from the sky is really entertaining... derp Also, MMO's without grind or a sort of lvling system aren't MMO's (Sadly)
#7 Posted by kriz_91 (8724 posts) -
^ To the OP's point though, the argument could be made that an RPG without a leveling system and some sort of "grind" isn't an RPG. I'm looking at you enchanting.
#8 Posted by jamesryan99 (231 posts) -

heh i do like to mod my fallout but i have my own views. i believe sometimes people mod a game because they dont like what the devs put it or lack of putting in and some people just do it for ****'s and giggles the lack of modding wont bother me one bit as i never modded any game untill recently with fallout newvegas... i needed to fix some errors with the game through mods. elder scrolls always had a leveling system but not like most typical rpgs the level system went with a level up after ten skill increases which i really enjoys and was one if not my favorite part of tes. i hope that this system sticks because not getting better as you go along is a seemless skill increase that feels natural on par to what other rpgs have where you get a level and from weakling to sometime completly different or overpowered due to its level system. i like how in tes you can fine tune any skill just by useing and not haveing to worry about capping your level before maxing everything. ofcorse that takes away from the need of classes but who needs classes because the only thing they are good for in tes is a starting spec for the certain skills you want the most. tes marrowing wasent my ideal skill system with haveing minor skills not level you up but still being able to max them was nice. i prefer the newer oblivian/skyrim take where all skills count for leveling and how the use of certain types give a bonus to selectable increases in stats. in the end i hope for an mmo of oblivian with or without mods. and people complaining about being able to have a small spell/skill bar...just hush and think of it this way in the older tes games you only had ONE spell at a time and that took your main hand makeing it not possible to have a sword i havent played tes games for a while now because my consoles broke but i believe you had one spell equiped and a shield..not sure if two could be equipt but i dont think it was possible.

#9 Posted by Hate_Squad (1357 posts) -

the bad thing about the online is that it will be full of casuals and girls that found out about the elder scrolls through skyrim and say stuff like"its the best rpg ever cause its so open etc",they think its the first open world rpg or even worse the first rpg where you can customise your character.very bad crowd,which i hope will have left by the end of the first year