PvP in Elder Scrolls Online

#1 Posted by foxkashima (37 posts) -

In case you didnt made it to level 10 in the beta (or was not in it). The PvP in ESO is well made.

"The last pillar in ESO's endgame is the Alliance War, which is designed with the PvP player in mind. Players of all three factions will meet in Cyrodiil (a zone roughly nine times the size of a normal map) to wrestle over keeps, resources, and bragging rights."

Massively Joystiq - Preview on PvP

PvP is completely non-instanced on one really huge map, with keeps and everything. Three realms like Daoc. I played it in the beta, and its amazing fun.

#2 Posted by NeroRathe (288 posts) -

It is actually instanced.....

There will be multiple "campaigns" with each one have a max capacity of 2,000 players in at once. You are assigned to one when you roll the toon.

So, it kind of is instanced, but who knows how many players will be assigned per campaign.

#3 Posted by esohut (6 posts) -

The PvP area of Cyrodiil really is a huge area, there is so much to do and so many Keeps, Fortresses and Resource buildings. It's like no other PvP scene I've seen in any other MMO to date. With the vast space available to players to move around, hide, sneak, and complete the PvP objectives in, I think it's going to be amazing when there's a good few 1000-2000 players inside battling each other all of the map.

We actually did a special Screenshot showcase inside Cyrodiil recently, with over 25 screenshots showing off the area:
http://www.esohut.com/news/a-look-inside-cyrodiil-25-screenshots-inside-esos-pvp-area/

#4 Posted by jimmyw404 (3 posts) -

The PVP is good. Here's a taste of it. It's like a refined and less buggy GW2.

#5 Posted by foxkashima (37 posts) -

It is actually instanced.....

There will be multiple "campaigns" with each one have a max capacity of 2,000 players in at once. You are assigned to one when you roll the toon.

So, it kind of is instanced, but who knows how many players will be assigned per campaign.

i mean not instanced like repetitive battlegrounds, which resets after a half hour, where any map progression is absolutely meaningless for your realm.

the campaigns never resets. not even when the points will be reseted after 90 days.

#6 Edited by Ratsneve (396 posts) -

Will my Solo character be able to stay away or stay out of PvP regions or will this be the point in the game where I bow out?