does anyone know if it will be for the xbox?

#1 Posted by remello2 (16 posts) -

i cant wiat for this game but i want to know if it will ne for the xbox because i think i would enjoy it so much better if it is

#2 Posted by jrgoalie33 (217 posts) -

i cant wiat for this game but i want to know if it will ne for the xbox because i think i would enjoy it so much better if it is

remello2

Unfortunately, no, this game is only going to be released on pc and mac.  At least initially.  If they did bring it to consoles im guessing they will probably save it for the PS4 and new Xbox.

#3 Posted by Mickeyminime (1144 posts) -
such a game like this on a large scale, i cant see the 360 or PS3 being able to deal with it. I cant see any console doing it. It might be possible though for the PS3 and 360 considering there is a game on the PS3 that can have a maximum of 260 players. I cant remember the game name, but that game will be a lot smaller compared to the ES. Its annoying considering i dont like playing those types of games on a PC, but depending on the rating and if you can play any of the current races, use spells, duel weapons etc, i'll be happy :)
#4 Posted by bmart970 (86 posts) -

No, this simply (and sadly) cannot be done. 

#5 Posted by Blaster_x2 (350 posts) -

Everyone who commented on this aggrivated me. Because I will be playing on a pc, it has been confirmed a console version WILL be out at a later date.

#6 Posted by N0tYrBeezin (6902 posts) -

Everyone who commented on this aggrivated me. Because I will be playing on a pc, it has been confirmed a console version WILL be out at a later date.

Blaster_x2
Your source? It has been confirmed that they are going to make a UFO in pink too. See what I have done?
#7 Posted by stonegolem (32 posts) -

I hope they never even think of releasing it for any console. Consoles are the limiting factor of PC games. As you know most of the PC games are so limited because they developed to be a multi platform game. Then, PC version got Hi-Res texture packs and several engine "optimizations" for PC's.

Publishers get much more money by selling 3 versions of the same game. And as far as I know, console versions usually have better sales. So they always want to develop it for multi platform. And they are bound to develop it within weakest device limit.

As an example: If they create a wonderful SKYRIM ONLINE for PC/PS4/XBOX720 right now by using upcoming DirectX12... We will never be able to get engine update's for Direct X13 if those consoles can not handle it... 6 years later... we will be playing the same old SKYRIM ONLINE...

Remember, WOW was not like this when it was first created. It had several engine updates. If Wow was developed for PS2 and XBOX at that time, we could never have these updates...

edit:spelling errors

#8 Posted by bathamael (37 posts) -

They are aiming for 720 so..
I wouldn't hold my breath. 

#9 Posted by kriz_91 (8724 posts) -

I hope they never even think of releasing it for any console. Consoles are the limiting factor of PC games. As you know most of the PC games are so limited because they developed to be a multi platform game. Then, PC version got Hi-Res texture packs and several engine "optimizations" for PC's.

Publishers get much more money by selling 3 versions of the same game. And as far as I know, console versions usually have better sales. So they always want to develop it for multi platform. And they are bound to develop it within weakest device limit.

As an example: If they create a wonderful SKYRIM ONLINE for PC/PS4/XBOX720 right now by using upcoming DirectX12... We will never be able to get engine update's for Direct X13 if those consoles can not handle it... 6 years later... we will be playing the same old SKYRIM ONLINE...

Remember, WOW was not like this when it was first created. It had several engine updates. If Wow was developed for PS2 and XBOX at that time, we could never have these updates...

edit:spelling errors

stonegolem
While I am a PC gamer such as yourself and generally share in your pain with most games, this is irrelevant in regards to TESO for the following reason: The Elder Scrolls Online is an MMO. An MMO's success is heavily tied to having a large user base. Because of this they are made to be played in the widest range of platforms possible. ZeniMax Online themselves have made several clear indications that their aim is to ensure the game is at least playable on most laptops up to 5 years old. Considering a PS3 has more computing power than most 5 year old laptops I hardly think releasing a console version would limit the game. With that said, if they do release a console version it likely will be for the next-gen. However that is my opinion and based on no factual evidence...