Better not be like WoW.

#1 Posted by rougewarrior198 (1425 posts) -

I hope this game will not have WoW style combat. They really need to make the combat and quest structure interesting. What do you want to see from this game?

#3 Posted by Pikdum (2241 posts) -

Eww, the pictures already look like WoW.

#4 Posted by gamingPCs (3 posts) -
Please don't let it be another Wow! How about action combat and quests with depth.
#5 Posted by rougewarrior198 (1425 posts) -

It really needs to have quests exactly like the regular games, and a similar but improved combat system. If they do not do those 2 things they might as well not bother. Their are enough games like WoW, and their are many good ones. I hope they have thought this through.

#6 Posted by botterster (3 posts) -

it´s really better not to be like WoW, SWTOR it's already doing this job.

like wow in the beggining 2000 this game must be unique, or will just stay in second place as another copie of WoW.

it's a bad thing saying that but it's the truth.

#7 Posted by Rook891 (385 posts) -

In a interview at E3 they stated they will try and make quests more interesting than simple fetch quests (looking at WoW there :x)

#8 Posted by tesozone (1 posts) -
As a WoW player for four years, I wouldn't mind if they stole a few good things from WoW.
#9 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (1808 posts) -
If it's anything like WoW, I'll vomit.
#10 Posted by stev69 (114 posts) -

This thread really says it all, every mmo in the world isnt like WoW, WoW wasnt the first to do everything and therefore is not original, WoW is not the be all and end all of life the universe and everything, the answer to that is 42.

Its clear the majority of gamers burned out on mmos will rock up complain some feature is vaguely like WoW (like omg its got a UI who would have thought it) and is therefore a WoW clone, rage quit and go off in search of the next MMO to be displeased with.  

#11 Posted by CatAtomic999 (1137 posts) -

If they're going to emulate anyone, it should be Guild Wars 2. Excellent class design, innovative approach to questing, and a system that actually encourages players to work together at all times. You're always happy to see another player in GW2, because they can only contribute to the task at hand-- not compete for resources or spawns.

WoW is the giant of the industry, but it's old-- particularly in it's structure. Why studios keep emulating one of the oldest, most outdated games on the market is beyond me.

#12 Posted by feared4power (621 posts) -

If they're going to emulate anyone, it should be Guild Wars 2. Excellent class design, innovative approach to questing, and a system that actually encourages players to work together at all times. You're always happy to see another player in GW2, because they can only contribute to the task at hand-- not compete for resources or spawns.

WoW is the giant of the industry, but it's old-- particularly in it's structure. Why studios keep emulating one of the oldest, most outdated games on the market is beyond me.

CatAtomic999
I hope the end game content is like GW2.
#13 Posted by Ranger-X (106 posts) -

I'm afraid it will be alot like WoW. even the footage of people fighting in raid groups creeps me out with its WoWness

#14 Posted by Colonelcorn (20 posts) -

I'm afraid it will be alot like WoW. even the footage of people fighting in raid groups creeps me out with its WoWness

Ranger-X

OMG ESO IS A MULTIPLAYER GAME!?  WOW CLONE GRRRRRR....  Watch some alpha reviews they say its actually quite nice.  But yeah no MMO is a WoW clone they are all EQ clones!  KKTHXBAI

#15 Posted by N0tYrBeezin (6902 posts) -

Report from alpha mentioned that you have only 5 skill buttons! And left mouse for attack, right mouse for block or right mouse for spell cast just like in Skyrim.

#16 Posted by jamesryan99 (231 posts) -

It really needs to have quests exactly like the regular games, and a similar but improved combat system. If they do not do those 2 things they might as well not bother. Their are enough games like WoW, and their are many good ones. I hope they have thought this through.

rougewarrior198

this made me lol...all you people who think wow is original and think that games are like wow are just dumb.the truth is wow is nothing more then a copy of many other mmo's all put together into one big heap.... somehow they managed to get alot of good ones out of it apparently and are very rich from copying only the best mmo's out their...the new era is here where most mmo's take on the combat style of left click to attack and right to block such as raiderz and soon to be neverwinter next thing you know wow will make an expantion that changes it to that style and somehow fanboys will claim the games like raiderz copied it.

#17 Posted by Hebaphrenic (48 posts) -

Thank you James for being the voice of truth in this thread. Nothing copies WoW. WoW copied other MMOs.

Also, why not go and watch a trailer or a developer's video? You can see that the gameplay will be nothing like previous MMOs. The gameplay will be very similar, if not the same, as in Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind. Listening to all these blockheads ramble on about "Its a copy of WoW" "It looks like WoW" is not a good way to base judgement on a game. Do your own leg work and your own research before basing your opinion on other people's opinions.

#18 Posted by GoreSmasher (63 posts) -

This game loooks nothing like WoW. Wow looks like a cartoony N64 game. Also, in my opinion, it ruined truer RPG games. WoW was the first game to spoon feed everything. Next thing you know, better games were being simplified to try and compete financially resulting in a big mess of simplistic RPG's.

#19 Posted by dinamo4ever (4 posts) -

I really (still) hope that this game would NOT be like Wow....

but beside the setting and the graphic style, this game i think it will be like WoW

We are talking about a big company that wants to make money and that will do the easy and proved method and that's WoW in MMORPG world :((

#20 Posted by IAAGguy (107 posts) -

I'm sure the combat will not be like WoW. I HATED the "press this button to kill your opponent" style combat. I'm sure this game will be another hack and slash game.

#21 Posted by alpha_unit97 (147 posts) -

Are you all serious? All it takes is a quick google search and you'll find out for yourself what ESO's combat will be like, you don't have to start a whole forum. However, if you can't even do that, the answer is no. The combat will be nothing like WoW, in fact it's a very accurate replication of the combat in other Elder Scroll titles (aim with reticle, left click to attack, right click to block). 

#22 Posted by Dusklightguy (0 posts) -
The fighting is going to be different because tes online has first person gaming now (like every tes game). Although there is going to be a third person mode.